3-side pyramid roof, with one side angled...

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Roof design, result.jpgRoof design, wanted.jpgI think I am creative - but sometimes the customer or architect is a bit too creative, hahaha.

I am trying to make this roof and of course I don't want to give up - and I am sure it is possible to make this roof calculation in Dietrich's. But I have not yet hit the right idea as to how. My result is relatively close, but there is one thing I cannot figure out how to make the red surface to give an angled cut to the wall. Now it is just horizontal. I have tried a lot of different approaches, but I don't get it right. :)

Does any of you have an idea how it should be done?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• The issue is, that it is a roof surface, that has an angle in two directions. Maybe it is not possible to make this within one building outline, maybe I need to make a separate one, for that part of the roof.

• It's not too difficult. I would do it with the "Direct Free Roof Faces" function. Did you try it?

You can define the face with 3 points and change the shape in every way you need. Genious function!

The faces don't need a horizontal line, and they fit perfect.

Snag_61e45511.png

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• jobs@dietrichs.com
  • Aaah - ok. I have never worked with these functions before. Haven't needed it before. It looks like something worth to try. But I am not totally sure what the English functions in my version of the program translates to - not sure if it is also 04??

Roof functions.jpg

• In your version, it's 03 "Graphic Roof Surface".

Before using this function, turn your building to a non-orthogonal view, so that you can easily find 3d click points for a roof surface.

Then select 3 points to create a surface. You may even select more points, but you must be sure, they belong to a staight surface (otherwise it can be warped).

When you defined the surface, use 2-01 "Roof Outline" to correct the shape of the surface. Whatever shape you choose, the surface will still be defined by the first 3 click points.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Ok, so I should not start with creating a building outline? I create a 3D building outline with this function?

• You need no building outlines for Graphic Roof Surfaces. You only need 3 click points for each surface.

Sometimes I create temporary parts in Dicam to get the points, or I use 3d lines (are they already available in V7?)

You can also use your existing roof design to create new Graphic Roof Surfaces with existing points, and then delete the building outlines from the first roof.

Now you are free in shaping the new surfaces with 2-01.

Just try it out, it's more difficult to describe, but quite easy to learn by doing.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Ok, I get it now with this function. And I understand, how I can make my roof with this function. I also understand why it is best to create triangled roof surfaces. So if I'd want to use this function to create the black roof surface to the left of the red one, then I need to be sure I get the correct heights in each point. So maybe for that it is easier just to make a normal rectangular roof surface to work with.

But thank you very much for the help. Of course sometimes you get stuck because to do what you need, you need to use a function you are not used to use or you don't know that function exists. Because in a drawing program like this, there will for most people be a lot of functions they rarely or never use / never need to use. :)

• I also figured out a way to make the irregular (non-triangular) shaped roof - the black roof to the left of the red. I let the rectangular standard roof plane stay and made sure it had the correct angle and heights. Then I made dormer walls that followed the building outline. Then I could use the lines of these dormer walls to create that grafic roof surface, based on 6 points. Ok, the software said that the points was not in the same plane, but I assumed it must be very close, so I made an approximation. And from what I can measure, the lines that are supposed to be straight / horizontal are so, with an accuracy of 0,00 mm or something like that. So I am happy with the result. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!