Beiträge von piers66

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Der Planer

Could I e-mail you one of my wrl files to see if this brings textures into your Acrobat set-up? I've tried adding one here as an attachment but didn't accept it. Let me know your e-mail if you're willing to check this.

If this works then maybe I could see your Acrobat settings? German would be OK.

Many Thanks

Piers

I can get 3d pdf to convert VRML file, but still no textures (beams showing as red,green,blue) - what settings are used to get textures across? If better I could call you to run through this - send me PM with number?

Thanks

Piers

I'm not finding using 3d pdf creator from print screen in Open GL very satisfactory (only seems to "like" small models, and issue with textures), but I've done a 3d dxf export and then converted it which seems much more reliable but textures (as yet) not going across - anyone know how to export textures into 3d dxf?

Kayaker - post a pic to show your issue if following not appropriate, but I would do this either by moving line of building outline (in roof calculation 4-4-1) OR hover over building outline line, pick roof attributes and modify roof overhang.
    Piers

When a fatal error occurs and "save temporary files" clicked "yes" wouldn't it be more logical to return into newly created position rather than be returned into position in which you were working? It can be easy to not make the step of moving into new position - and thus doing work twice!

Or is there a way of changing default settings so that it does this?

Thoughts?

Piers

We're having similar problems as Lui/WelshOak. Have reverted/regressed to sending out .jpgs & moviefile but far from ideal.

Regards

Piers

A couple of new requests/queries - these might have been covered before!

1. In "Single Beam Processes" when you have lots of processes (which we commonly do) then it can be quite tricky to identify process which needs to be changed - could not the process concerned be highlighted on the beam when the process is clicked within the edit command? I usually only edit it "Single Beam Processes" once "Edit Single Process" command has not picked up process (for whatever reason).

2. Once, say, a mortice/tenon joint has been inputted between two beams then why can't the settings used to input such a joint be highlighted when the process picked up in "Edit Single Process" - currently I explode/check/undo. This would be handy when proximity of joints has meant that lots of offsetting required.

3. Overlaid processes - toggling(switching) between - we commonly have to put in dummy pieces to, say, put motice/tenon into angled face - frequently to then put notch off tenon into original piece the dummy piece has to be hidden to pick up correct process to notch off - could program not have toggle between overlaid processes (used to do this in CATIA) to make this more convenient?

4. From (3) above if putting mortice/tenon into beam with angled face then could not there be a function to pick up faces on beam (rather than base piece) upon which you want joint junction to lie?

5. We put lots of curves on timbers - frequently on both front and rear faces - and tend to be split 50/50 in the office between using offset general cuts parallel to front face and copying brace/collision test to produce rear curves. Is anyone producing (parallel) rear curves in other (better) ways? Is there any intention to introduce such a command into program? Furthermore what pros/cons of producing curves on machine (K2) and even rear curves. How do most of you do curves on (real) timbers - bandsaw/chainsaw/spindle moulder(with profile)? Realise this might be more of a machine interface question - but it all stems from design side.

6. Upgrades - is there any guide to what functionality has been improved/significant bugs ironed out - at each release? Not asking for a listing of every minor bug or "formal" document. I'm now running 6.02 which has fixed a problem with angled notches - which is great - but only discovered this by chance after spending a day manually adjusting notches in the previous version (6.01) which I could have done in a few minutes in 6.02!

7. When we have lots of processes in beam we sometimes "lose" these visually - although still in "Single Beam Processes" log - these can sometimes come back if process re-prioritised, but this frequently causes another process to drop-off visually. Is this a computer memory/graphics issue or a software "buffering" issue? The danger of "invisible" processes is that you might not want it.

Thanks

Piers

I think this is only for visualisation, but what is simplest way of making a mould (say ovolo) on an edge?

What I currently do is put concave head onto (wide) timber, move into appropriate position in model & then do collision test.

Is there a better way?