Beiträge von kablamnetworks

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

I have been unable to use my mirror and offset functions as well as point and other assisting geometry functions. This has been happening since version 9. I updated to 10 today and it is still not working. Any ideas how to fix it?

I have a emachines laptop, brand new that I use for my client meetings. Everything works well on it, but I get dumb lines in all the timbers when I run open GL to show the clients the timber frame. the lines are crazy and go through weird places. I have to run open GL without edges, which drastically decreases the quality for my meetings.

The laptop is a new one, 2.2GHz, 2GB ram, 64 bit windows 7.

please help.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows where to find some of the more common steel connectors to use as smart tags?

The ones I have found do not allow certain changes to be made.

I am trying to attach a conventional post saddle to the bottom of 4 posts with the smart tag option.

I need 10"x 10" saddles, with a piece of flat bar that will run up into the posts and have 2 lag bolts to secure them.

The other end needs to be embedded in the concrete enough it will never pull out.

Any help locating some good ones would be appreciated!

If not, I suppose I'll need to refresh on drawing in d-cam.

I want to build my girls a wooden timber framed swing set.

The swing set will have 4 angled posts attached to a large beam that I will attach the swings to.

I know how to angle the front 2 posts in wall design with the beam to 2 points function (x axis), but I don't know how to angle the same posts to the beam (Y axis).

if you dont know what I mean about each posts being angled both on the y and x axis, please see picture.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have completed my first timber frame job and wish to take all the hours I spent sanding the timbers and divide that number by the square feet of surface area to determine a price to charge per sq foot or LF for sanding for my next job. Is there a way to calculate out how much surface area I have in dcam or project data? if so can you help? thanx!

Hello! Almost all of the timbers I cut are eventually sanded before staining. I only have a small palm sander with 150 grit Velcro disks, but the outcome of the finish is good. The downside to this is that it takes foooooooooooorever!

Most of the log builders in my area ask "why would you want to sand all that stuff anyways?"

Well, when you sand all that stuff, it looks flawless and takes the stain uniformly.

Does anyone know what I should buy to make my sanding job a lot quicker?

I was thinking of the Makita polisher/ sander with one of those sanding disks with the nut in the middle, but the fellow I was talking to says they don't make anything finer than 50 grit! They are about 0-3000 rpm, where the grinder/ sander is almost 10 000 rpm.

Is there any information on sanders for timber framing?

Any help or advice would be awsome!

I currently have 3000+ board feet that will need to be sanded soon.

I am trying to output roof area drawings (ROOF DESIGN- 1-01-6), rafter drawings (ROOF DESIGN 1-01-7), and Roof Element Drawing (ROOF DESIGN 1-01-8), But they are not showing up in my main folder. All my wall, ground and beam drawings are there, but no roof drawings. Please help. The engineer has requested these drawings and I cannot find them! Any suggestions??

Also when I try and output them again, I can see the ones I have previously saved in the bottom left of the window before I press OK in the roof area window.

I have a signature curve I do with most of my work. Its like a Japanese style girt on a gable end.

I create this by drawing it then use the extrude function in dcam to turn it into a 3d piece of wood. When I draw in the king posts, and then add a tenon to it, it does not account for the curve in the wood. Sometimes it even says "Connection not possible"

Any idea what is going on here? Any way to get the drawing to look tight?

My clients are always asking what is going on with that when I show them the 3d renderings.

I have taken my ground plan from the 3d software and saved it as a drawing. I go into that drawing in 2D to offset the plates positions to create a "footing" drawing to the specified width.

Is there any way to create a square besides drawing one with lines? How about a quick way like the way you can draw a circle and specify the radius?

Hello! When I am in project Data, on the timber list page, i like to sort the columns by rounding the lumber up to the nearest foot. This way I can hand the list to my mill guy and he has a simple list. But after I round the lumber up, I am left with multiple of the same size of lumber. Many lines of the same size lumber he will be milling!

Afterwards, I have to add each one together and re edit the list so its much simplified. This takes an incredible amount of time!

I currently have 5 projects on the go, and would essentially like to add all the lumber lists together into one neat accurate list.

Can anyone walk me through a shortcut for these procedures is there is one??

Thank you kindly..

I was in dcam trying to apply a curve to a brace, when I followed through with the command but had my entire structure highlighted!

Now every piece of my building has a curve in it!

After I applied the curve, the program froze for what seemed to be 2 minutes, so i closed it down and saved.

I cannot undo! And do not want to spend hours fixing each piece.

anyone know how to take the curve off each piece at once?