Beiträge von jmiller

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

I like "iTunes" to some extent, as far as the jutebox of album covers, etc, when listen to music on the computer. BUT, all the extra software that comes with it is silly. I just went to msconfig and removed all iPod / iTune services, and the other Apple services. Hope that helps. If I shut them off in the task manager, some just kept coming back...

Joe

I *may* have found the problem...

Itunes.

The problem has only occurred when I have Itunes running as well, and, my Ipod is not attached through the USB cable. If the Ipod is attached through the USB cable (charging, etc) or I do not have Itunes open, I have not had that problem.

My only guess is Itunes is constantly checking to see if the Ipod is plugged in.

Now at least I have something to investigate...

Joe

I've tried every one on my computer (all 8 ).

I'm confused as to why it happens only after I've been at it for a while. Not when I first open it up though.

Joe

I've been running 6.02 for some time now, and, it has been working great. However, whenever there are long stretches were I am using Dietrich's (8-10 hours in a row; doesn't happen very often), I have problems with the hardlock.

Randomly while working in D-Cam (it doesn't seem to happen, at least that I can recall, when I am in one of the other modules.), the "Dietrich's Trial Version" window pops up, saying the hard lock not found.

??? The hardlock is in the USB port, and, I've been working just fine up until that point? It happens more and more often as the day progresses, and, is really frustrating, as, I loose all of the information I've been working on up until that point, and, unlike a regular crash, it doesn't keep a backup so I can go back a few commands. Saving more often, etc, lessens the damage, but, I still loose something, and have to restart Dietrichs.

What is the deal?

I've tried reinstalling the hardlock drivers from the CD, which didn't help.

???

Joe

I am creating a series of smart tags to do some repetitive work, which includes a series of reductions in conjunction with the dovetail, so exploding would work for an individual connection, but, would take a while in the long run, and, the goal was to make some custom smart tags to do most of it.

But, I've answered my own question. If I set the ground angle to 180 degrees, it works just fine...

Joe

I am trying to create two dovetail mortises on opposite faces of a beam using smart tags (4006,5), and, I am having a hard time putting the dovetail on both sides of the beam facing "Up".

As I choose one side (D) it will face the right way, but when I get to the otherside (F) it is facing downwards.

Any suggestions?

:question_mark:

Joe

Cool. I will try the 3d-dxf approach.

In the meantime, I did try the VRML option, and, it looked ok, but, was considerably slower / more tedious to rotate and turn things on/off.

Much obliged,

Joe

Has anyone else tried creating 3d PDFs with Adobe's 3dPDF software? I have played around with it a little bit, and, all it takes is hitting "Prt Scr" when in openGL, and it created the 3d PDF file automatically. You can spin / zoom view the model (including the joinery, etc), which makes it great for sharing.

Pretty slick, but, I am having a few problems getting textures to look right, so, I was hoping somebody else had any suggestions... It looks like you can also import VRML with textures, so, that may be the route to go?

Joe

A purlin is a horizontal member whos top face is in the plane of the roof. (5-3-4 in roof design.) A plate is a roof member whos sides are plumb and level.

If you have a midspan member (not rotated in the plane of the roof) with rafters framed over it, this is commonly called a purlin plate (5-3-2 in roof design). If you have a midspan member in the plane of the roof (it is rotated) and rafters frame into it, this is commonly called a principal purlin.

Not to get caught up in terminology, or anything.

Joe

As Rob mentioned, there are a lot of smart-tags already in inches that you can use (and mortise is certainly one of them.) There are a few of the more abstract ones that don't have an Imperial counterpart, but, you can use the smart-tag editor (if you have it), to swich the units around, and, even the "default" values and the like.

Joe

I've found setting the view distance (1-7-2) to something short (~5'), it provides enough perspective to make seeing through the wireframes a lot easier. When I tried using the openGL, it switched it back to a parallel perspective.

I can see its usefulness, just change comes so very hard.

Joe

#9 has come true. You can work in OpenGL in Dicam now (at least in 6.01). It is an option, but, I know a lot of people have said how great it was. I've tried, and I guess I'm old school and prefer the wireframe view...

Most every frame I do is handcut, so, it works out fine to do intersecting volumes.

Only, I change my mind at times, and it is hard to get rid of 2-7-1 "notch" later on in life. I'll just wait until the very end to do those, I reckon.

Much obliged,

Joe

I have a standard valley (both roof pitches the same, interesecting at 90 degrees), that runs down into a common rafter. I would like to house the valley into the common at the tail end with a 1" housing, leading edges cut square.

I cannot figure out how to do this joint (other than by intersecting volumnes). Any advice? The compound housing 3-8-6 doesn't seem to work since the ground cut is not parallel to the common rafter...

A simplified version is attached. Please help!

Joe

Occassionally I need to export 3d DXFs with the assisting geometry (lines, etc generated by the 1-03-3 command in Dicam) for engineering analysis. Every time I have tried, the DXF has been corrupt, and it has been driving me nuts. I can do it with all of the objects, just not with the assisting geometry.

So, I was looking through the DXF in notepad, and notixed Dietrichs tries outputing an improper Entity tag, which is what is causing the problem.

Essentially, it outputs " - Assisting Geometry", which is not a valid format for a text line. If it outputed "Assisting Geometry" in stead, it works.

So if you are trying to export a 3d DXF with Assisting Geometry and you get a bad error. Open the file in Notepad and replace " - Assisting Geometry" with "Assisting Geometry", and the files work just fine.

This should be a pretty easy fix, too, to do, in the software?

Joe

With the tips I've gotten here and from others, the process has quickened up enough that the entering the units doesn't slow me down anymore.

My lack of ability to think in two units is another story...

Joe