Re-connection problem and solution

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Recently while updating a project or modifying that frame drawn, I had a problem with re-connecting joints.
    What I did was I changed the shape of a post from a jowl or gun-stock post to a straight post. Then I needed the braces connecting to the old post to connect to the new post. Using 317 form a new connection worked. Well sort of. What would happen is that it would connect to the post but then the program would remove the connection to the beam on the other end of the brace. If I went to the beam end and made a new connection using 317 it would remove the connection to the post. This was very frustrating. I opened the process box on the brace and reprocessed both tenons but this didn't help.
    But after reprocessing and forming the new connections then reopening the processes box and viewing the tenon line it had a $ (dollar sign) in front of the line. Of course we all know this is a link to the other timber that will remain linked if you move the piece.
    I found if you exploded the tenon link, removing the $ sign, and saved and went to the other end and used 317 to form a new connection that the connection would form. That was my solution.
    I really don't understand why this works, but it does for me now.
    It was very frustrating trying to make changes and not have any of the old timbers connect to the new one.
    Hope this helps someone else to understand a work around to a problem that may happen to you.
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA USA

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Recently working with the latest updated version this work-around doesn't seem to always work.
    What I've had to do to overcome this again is to delete the tenon all together and then re-insert the tenon.
    Doing this will establish two tenon and two mortises.
    Hope this helps.
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!