Beiträge von dandepoe

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Kayaker,

In both DICAM and Roof Calc. you go to 1-7-1 - Display Settings.

From there, under the "Roof" list, uncheck Rafters.

Does that answer the question?

Dan

Der Planer and others,

Do any of the Dietrich's programmers know when this problem may be fixed? I am doing quite a bit of .3ds export these days and this problem requires lots of "cleanup" in Sketchup.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hansi,

Do you know how this happened? I tried to change a wall in DICAM to an auxiliary (using object info), but it just changed itself back after closing the dialogue box and then reopening it.

If you can give some more details maybe I can help.

Thanks,

Dan

Hansi,

I agree with Rob, it seems like exporting to .3ds and importing into Sketchup is the best way to share Dietrich's models (with non users). The VRML viewers that I have seen do not compare to Google Sketchup.

dan

Meghan,

One main advantage of running a 64 bit system is that you can use more RAM. I believe that the most RAM a 32 bit system can have is 4GB. 64 bit systems can have up to 16GB of RAM. Along with a good processor, you want to look for a dual or quad core - you will have a very powerful computer.

Typically, the computers designed for "gaming" use are also good for drafting and visual programs.

You also want to look for a computer that has an NVIDIA video card, as recommended by Dietrich's.

dan

Hans,

Are you using a Work Environment from V8? If so, try using the ENG2009 work environment for a while to see if you still get the problem.

If you don't get the error while using the ENG2009 Work Environment, then it must be related to the Work Environment you are using.

Give it a shot.

dan

Kayaker,

To me, this is a flaw with V9. In past versions, yes, that was the case. For some reason, in V9 you need to go to the top of that dialog box and select any one of your saved line settings to show which layer the line is in. It's goofy, and I hope it gets fixed.

dan

Peter,

Do you have another work environment that you could open?

If not, have you tried making a new work environment?

Go to 1-6-2 in DICAM, then click the settings box in the top left hand corner.

Then, make a new directory and name it "test".

Then, open in it in DICAM and try again to run DCAD.

This will at least tell you if it is a problem with your specific work environment, or if the problem is related to something with all work environments.

dan

I have had this exact same error, and it nearly made me mad.

I am fairly sure that it was related to the anti virus program I was using.

I tried using AVG and Kaspersky, and they both interfered with this file.

Using Norton, it has been fine.

The other suspicion I had was that it was related to me trying to use my V8 work environments in V9. As Wil mentioned in a user meeting, you cannot transfer over all of the Tool.....vor files. These are all the toolbar files from V8. Because of the new 2d style capabilities in DICAM, Wall, Roof, etc. in V9, you can no longer use those Tool...vor files.

Again, I think it may be related to your anti virus.

What anti virus do you use?

dan

Thorvald,

I find the most useful part of using Assisting Geometry in DCam is to use the Object Related Points, under 4-2. These points are attached to the object that you relate them to, so if you move the object, the point will go with it.

The best application of this is when you are saving an object to your 3d library, under 1-5-1. The objects are saved to the library with the points, so when you want to place it in another position, you can have your point as a reference.

For example, I have saved sono tubes (cardboard tubes set on footings, then filled with concrete, that act as "piles" to support a point load) to my library with an object related point at the center of the top face of the tube. To place these tubes in my model, I turn on the axis' of my timbers, then call up these tubes from my library and select this center point. I can then quickly go around and "attach" a tube to the bottom of all the timbers that require a point load support.

To summarize, these points are just assisting geometry in the 3d workspace. They can be added and deleted without doing any damage to your model. To delete them, use 4-5 and either select them individually or use "x" on the keyboard and drag a window to select them all and delete.

dan

Hello,

I speak English! I like Dietrich's!

I'll try to post and reply more often. Hello to our new African user. I have seen some photos on the Dietrich's site from another Namibian user. They were great!

Bye for now,

Dan

Hello,

I just had a crash today, and had to call Wil to get the solution to this curious problem.

I was trying to open a 2D drawing from the Project Administration Window when I got the error saying that the DHPDAT.INI file could not be found.
    See first screenshot. I went to look in the WINEXE folder to find this file, but it wasn't there.

The solution is:
    1) Go to Windows Explorer and go to the Tools>Folder Options. Click on the View Tab. Make your settings like the Folder Options screenshot attached.

2) Go to the C:\DIETRICHSxx\WINDAT folder.
    You should a file named DHPDAT.NEW. For some reason, when this crash happens, it goes in a renames this file. You have to right click on the file and Rename it to DHPDAT.INI.

If you close the program and restart, this should solve the problem.

Bye for now,

Dan