Beiträge von SteveRuckman

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Der Planer says: I think, it's a 3D precision and/or mathematical problem.

Sounds like a good challenge for Dietrich's skilled programmers - I doubt Spidey need get involved. :grinning_squinting_face: Let us know if you find a cure.

Just a quick update. I received my replacement vid card which is an ati radeon x1550 which is directx 9 compliant only and I had almost no problems with this install. The vendor (diamondmm) supplied drivers worked great. The omega drivers gave me poor opengl performance which I did not wish to take the time to debug so I went back to vendor drivers.

Obviously, I can't say for sure that directx10 compliance had anything to do with the problem with the other card but just know there is at least one video card out there with which Dietrich's 5.05 (dinosaur?) does not play nicely. fwiw.

Thanks. What length do you change? For example if you have two housed mortise/tenon at the same height on a post do you explode one and change length of notch? The funny thing is I can have two identical posts with exact processes (exept they are mirrored) and one has all processes visible and the other doesn't. I guess at some level in the process engine it has to do with which reference face is being used.

In general does it matter what order processes appear on a volume, ie bottom up or top down or notches last, etc.

Thanks again, Steve.

Is tweaking precision a solution to standard joinery processes sometimes not appearing on a volume? I can sometimes go into single beam info and move processes around to get the desired result and am wondering if this phenomenon is related or if something else is going on.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Fidi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried latest ati/catalyst and omega drivers and tweaked every setting that looked like it might help but to no avail. OpenGL worked on the system in general using gltest and archicad software, just not in Dietrich's. The only thing I can think of is that this card supports directx 10 and not 9 and somehow this makes a difference.

I did notice in the opengl "compatibility" settings there are two new variables (check boxes) that do not appear in my current configuration. I did not note what they were as I have since removed the card and am exchanging it for a different one (directx 9). I got another ati card though since i have an amd system and I've read on other forums that ati and amd work better together.

Oh well, I will let you know if the new card has any issues.

Thanks again,
    Steve.

Greetings from California.

I just installed a new video card and now opengl function is a dog. It doesn't crash but is not working correctly. I hope there is an easy driver, dll or path fix. Here are the specs and screen shot of my opengl.

My OS is xpsp2

The following came from The OpenGL Geometry Benchmark
    -System-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
    Speed: 2333 Mhz
    -OpenGL-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Version: 2.1.7275 Release
    Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

The following came from the ATI Catalyst Info Tab
    Direct3D Version: 6.14.10.0555
    OpenGL Version: 6.14.10.7275

Thanks a lot for any help!

Hello,

I'm having a related problem...

Attached are two screen shots. The first shows the layers present in a new drawing (1-1-1). The second is the layers after inserting stored image (1-2).

You see that the "default" layer is gone and that "DNAHidden" becomes the current layer.

After inserting a stored image anything I place on the drawing goes to the hidden layer and is not shown (because hidden layer is not shown).

Once I open the layer dialog I recreate the default layer and get back to normal. I just upgraded from 4.05 to 5.03 to 5.05. 4.05 and 5.03 did not have this problem.

Please advise.

Steve Ruckman

Right Click in D-Cam

How about a right-click menu in D-CAM such as in D-CAD with options to Move, Copy, Delete, Cut, Change Section, Mirror, Rotate? I understand that each of these commands have suboptions but to keep it simple it could default to Move/Cut grapically, and Cut General.

Also, it would be cool to have inherent Temp Points (hidden but there) at locations such as intersection of two lines, x line & plane, midpoints of lines and other strategic locations.

Thanks for all the great features already in place!
    Steve.

I use a program called "legal billing" from chaos software for tracking hours. Quickbooks also has a timer function built-in for this purpose.

FWIW,
    Steve

Hi all,

I'm doing drawings for someone who wants all of their elements labeled by name on their drawings. For example "8x10 Post (2D)" or "8x10 Tie (2/C-D)". So, it would be great for me if there were a "User Label" that could be associated with an element and would be a selectable option along with Sorting Number and Timber List Number during the Save Current View and Single Beam Drawing operations.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
    Steve.