Converting D-Cad to dwg. (Version 7.03).

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

When I export D-Cad to dfx and then convert dxf to dwg - because in some cases other people need the drawing in dwg - I have encountered that it is a problem that the dwg-drawing is in the same scale as in Dietrichs. In Autocad you would normally work in 1:1. It seems like they don't always see that they should just scale the drawing they get from me to 1:1, before they start working on it.

I don't know if this import function have improved in the newer versions of Dietrichs - t.ex. with a function to scale the drawing to 1:1 as it is exported to dxf. Also it is my experience that the export take all layers in the drawing even though it is not all layers that are used. So before an export one has to clean up in the layers first. It would be better if Dietrichs only exported the layers that are "on".

But can I somehow with Dietrichs scale the drawing to 1:1 during the work of exporting it to dxf - or during the convert from dxf to dwg. I use A9Converter to convert from dxf to dwg. Maybe there are other, better free programs?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• One solution would be to add a scale line to your drawing. When they import it they can check the scale line and see if they have imported it correctly to the scale you sent out.
    The should be able to "resize" their import to the correct scale once they measure your scale line 0mm________________25mm for example

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Yeah - but they know what scale my drawing is, because that they can see on my drawing. They just need to know that they should scale it to for example 1:1 before they start to draw the electrical installations for example. So from my point of view it shouldn't be a big problem in AutoCad to say "scale all" (or what the name of the function is) and scale it with a factor 75, if my drawing is 1:75. See attached example - oh can't - dwg and dxf are not allowed attachments - but you probably knows how a drawing exported to dwg looks anyway.

The reason why we came about to talk about it, is that the electrician said that only 1:50 and 1:100 is standard in AutoCad - but I can't see why he is saying that, because normally you work in 1:1 in AutoCad.

• I think if you divide one number by the other number you get the scale factor to use to convert a smaller scaled drawing to the larger scale.

I used this yesterday. I imported a dxf into another drawing program that I use, and then measured a line that the drawing said was 4' 7". And my measurement was 16' 8" so I converted both to inches, that is 48+7=55 and then 192+8=200. I divided 55 by 200 and got .275. So I told my program to resize by a factor of .275 and it did. My measure of 4' 7" matched.

This is how I do it. It should work easier with metric....

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Well - that sounds complicated. You know what scale you have made your drawing in and you know what scale you want. For example I have made a drawing in 1:75. Let's say the electrician want it in 1:50. Then he simply scale my drawing with a factor 75 / 50 = 1,5. Or if he want 1:100: 75 / 100 = 0,75. Easy and simple. Or he want the drawing in 1:1, because when you work in modelspace in AutoCad you work in 1:1. Then the factor to scale with is 75 / 1 = 75. What you are doing sounds way more complicated than it has to be.

• Well, I tried importing my dxf by inch and the measurement was wrong.
    I tried importing my dxf by feet and the measurement was wrong.
    I didn't know what scale to use so I had to resize.

That is what I did and it came out right. That's all I can say.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

• So you didn't know what format the drawing was made in? - Or maybe it's just much more simple in the metric world.

• I was sent a pdf and I had to convert it to dxf so I could make measurements.
    To measure I had to import the dxf so scale was off.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

• Aahhh ok - that is indeed a different and more complicated situation.

• Does there exist stand alone programs, that has the only goal in life to scale dxf / dwg drawings? And perhaps it has a function to ignore dimensions (scale dimensions without changing the dimension values). Perhaps the same program also has a function to convert / save as, dxf drawings to dwg and the other way around.
    ??

• I have two programs that I have used, at times. One is Autodesk Design review 2010, and the other is DWG TrueView 2010.

Both can be downloaded for free I believe. I'm not sure if you can do what you want with these but you can view plans with them.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

• I know Dwg TrueView, but that is only a viewer. I have just downloaded progeCad 2009 Smart, that is a free version of the ProgeCad cad-software. It seems like a very nive program - very much like AutoCad and I could consider to buy the full professional version, as it costs less than 300 Euro - and who knows how much AutoCad costs today...

• Hi Thorvald

Another good AutoCAD clone is called BricsCAD. Some of the guys at Dietrichs in Munich use this. Again I think this is about 300 Euros for the basic version - which is all you need.

Cheers

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Yeah - looks quite good as well. But ProgeCad is also a very good software I think. For example it can convert pdf to dwg.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!