text in drawings

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• I am trying to make a general cover page for a complete set of drawings for one building.
    Is there a way to easily insert a blocks of formatted text from Microsoft word into this cover page drawing? I don't want to reformat it within Dietrichs when I have already done so in Word, but everytime I bring it in it changes the text tab spacings to something I don't want. I find the Dietrichs text editor cumbersome when compared to just using Word to do the formatting.

I have also tried to convert it into a bitmap, but once I get the bitmap in place is there a way to resize the bitmap so that I can place it where I want it in the drawing? It comes in as a bitmap fine, but I am bringing in more than one and I can't seem to resize them once they are placed.
    Thank you,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plancad has not as mighty text functions as Word has. Formatted text cannot be shown with all the features that you want or need. You only have the possibilities that come along with the text window in Plancad.
    You can enter normal floating text, or you can define tab-separated columns for material lists. But it's not possible to work with different column settings within one text window.

Bitmaps could be a solution, but they blow up the file size. The bitmap size can be defined in the moment when you import it (set width or hight to a fix value). Size cannot be changed afterwards, you can only push the bitmap to an other place.

Perhaps it would be useful to show us your drawing, then someone has an idea how to get the best usable result.

• Thanks Der_Planer,

That page is 65MB already so I don't think I can attach it..
    It is just a text listing of general structural and construction comments related to the attached drawings, as well as a reformatted version of the complete timber list.
    Perhaps I am better to make up this type of page in a graphics program so that I have more flexibility in formatting it?
    I for one think it would be a useful feature in Plancad to be able to drag and re-size text, graphic, or viewport windows with the mouse.

Paul

• Offizieller Beitrag

65 MB is too much for 1 drawing. I guess, it's the size, including the bitmaps.
    I cannot understand, why Word formatted MUST look the same on a drawing. It's easy to copy and paste a text from Word to a Plancad window, even if it might look a little different. You save a lot of file size.

Timber lists are no problem in Plancad, you only need 1 text style for tab-separated column text.

Drawing and text windows can already be resized with the mouse. Only bitmaps are not changeable.

• Der_Planer,

How do you re-size with the mouse? The only way I can seem to do it is to use the pull down menu's and change the dimensions of the windows, but this is a little bit of trial and error rather than just grabbing a corner with the mouse and stretching/shrinking it as in windows?
    You are correct, the timber list itself is not so much of a problem as it is strictly in column format. The biggest issue I have is if I have paragraphs of text with small sections that are indented. The indented sections seem to move around and never quite end up lined up as I would like.
    I would just like more control over the typographical presentation of the text I am attaching to the drawings...

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!