Weight of materials in material database.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Materials like SPF is given 400-600 kg/m3 as weight reference - but how can the program then calculate the weight of a wood structure - is it using the average value 500 kg/m3. Profiled beams on the other hand is given kg/m as reference.

My hollow core slabs, I should probably give kg/m as reference. Or can I simply use kg/m3 and then the program will calculate the true section area of the hollow core slab and then give the correct weight of one slab?? But if I want to have a material "concrete", that I will use primarily as a panel material, then I can make "concrete" in the same way as t.ex. OSB and give it 2450 kg/m3 as weight reference??? And then I will get correct weight of wall elements, etc. Would this work also on walls that I have already made a model of??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• I know how to get the weight and center of gravity of a wall. And I know it is possible to choose layers or all layers. What about the volume of t.ex. concrete material in m3 in a wall - how to get that. And take for example a concrete sandwich element: Here it would be nice to get the values volume and weight of concrete for layers separately, and for the whole element (or the values for the whole element can be calculated maunally from the other mentioned values).

• Hmm., still nobody. Well after I put some hollow core slabs in a ceiling I went to material database and input the weight of the HCS in kg/m. Then I put a new HCS in the ceiling. Then determined values in D-Cam - but they were exact the same - so I am not sure if D-cam calculates the value after profile's weight reference or after the kg/m2 weight of the concrete (after calculating the volume). But the values are appr. as the values I could determine with help from PlanCad.

I just wonder if it is enough to give material database the weight of the material (kg/m3) and then use that material or if I have to give the weight reference for each profile??

• If / when I send this project to my coworkers, to make production drawings etc. - they cannot make this "determining values" in D-Cam, unless if they have the same material database as I have, right? How to send that to them, I have to send the whole folder, right? And this is DHPDBA, if I remember correct?

• Hi Thorvald,

Pack the dhpstamm that is in the DBA- folder. Your coworker has to unpack the file and save it to the desktop. From within Project Data you are able to transfer the new material Item into her database. This way you will not overwrite your coworker’s database if that is a concern.

To your other question.
    You can only get weight of Items that are in the material database. From walls that you create in Ground Plan you will only get square meter or the volume of it. You have to put the material into the wall in order to get a list with weight information.
    For the hollow core slab I would use weight per length. What weight information do you get from the manufacturer?

• Allright, thanks for the information. In version 8 it will be even easier to exchange information of different kind between different users, as far as I have understood.

For the hollow core slabs I have calculated the weight per length from a cross section that I put into D-Cad. And this I have written into material database, and it works quite well. We are at our factory (also) produsing the slabs ourself, as well as concrete walls, wooden walls etc.

For concrete plates, like walls, I am using a material under sheating, boards and panels, that I call concrete aux, and this I have given the weigth pr. m3. This also works, also for sections where part of the concrete wall is thicker than other parts (like in sandwich elements).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!