Beiträge von jorge

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

thank you all,

tried 3-8-4 and works very nicely. I still don't quite understand it but figured out how to notch the open stringers easily.

looks like a very poweful process. what else can it be used for?

Hi Jim,

thanks, again, for answering. I will give this a try tonite. I have not installed 7.02 yet (but I guess I will be installing it tonite). Is 3-8-4 in v7. different from 3-8-4 in v6. ??

cheers,

Thanks Jason,

nice video. It gives new ideas of how to approach creating joinery. One more question:

once that joinery has been created can I "copy and paste" it? Or should I start from scratch every time?

cheers,

Hi both, Jim and Jens,

thank you for your replies. Here is a more detailed PNG file with the complete joinery for both the sill and the post.

I used a cut-out smart tag on the sill, and got the notching (what I call a saddle notch) on the post by "cheating" and using 2-7-1 intersect.

What I would like to know is: after having created the cut-out in the sill (for me much easier than creating the saddle in the post) is there a way that the saddle can be created automatically to complement and "be linked" to the sill cut-out (just like a mortise complements a tenon and is created automatically and linked to it)

If not, I guess since the saddle notch is the male process the question becomes: if a create the saddle notch first, can the corresponding cut-out be created automatically to "complement" and be linked to the saddle notch?

Jim, I am sorry, but I got confused when you mentioned number 4 processes. What are they?

Jens, unfortunately I don't have use of 3-2-6 Smart tag editor, but I thought using "single beam info" and some of the buttons (transfer, reproduce type, etc...) in it could do the job...

cheers,

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your replay. I am sure I can use a number of processes to get the corresponding joinery in the post.

What I am wondering is if there is a way that given the smart tag I attached to the sill beam, some corresponding joinery will be created "automatically" in the post, or can I at least go into "single beam info" for the sill beam and create automatically the "complementary" joinery (male or female) and assign it to the post.

I seem to remember, from the users meeting, this was possible.

For example, when you use a tenon smart tag the mortise is created and attached automatically to the other timber, and if you move the tenon so does the mortise.

cheers,

Hi all,

I have a 12x12 sill beam embeded 2" into a 12x12 post. I have applied a 8x12x1" cut-out smart tag to the sill where it intersects with the beam as per the PNG file.

The only way I can think of to create the vertical saddle notch in the post is by using 2-7-1 "intersect"

However, I seem to remember it is possible to create the complementary notching to the cut-out process as a smart tag as well. (something like "creating female process from existing male process" or viceversa...)

Could someone remind me of how to achieve this? I am sure we went over it at the last user meeting, but i missed it somehow.

cheers,

Thanks Jason,

I have found it. I also found in the web a seemingly quite good 3-D viewer (free!!) that has a great user interface and even allows you to take measurements and create sections, supports different file types,etc

It is at:

http://www.myriadviewer.com

and it is a stand alone aplication, so good for clients with no internet connection or a very slow one.

Cheers,

Zitat von Wil Dancey

Hi Robin,
    You will find the stored VRML file in C/DHP.../ GIF folder.
    Right click on the wrl file and choose Internet Explorer to open the file.
    All the textures that the VRML needs are located in the GIF folder.
    3D DXF are stored in the Project folder

Wil

Hi all,

I am trying to find VRML files that I created,
    The only "DHP..." folder I have under C is DHPDBA, and it has no GIF folder in it. Where can I find this GIF folder?

thanks

Hi Joachim,

as per my previous topic, I wanted to include all the different watermarks in my templates and be able to turn them on and off, rather than having to read them, then erase them, then read a different watermark, etc...

As per turning windows on and off I would have found it very practical for superimposing drawings such as different floors from the same building when only working on plan cad.

I am aware this is possible with a few extra steps using a different layer and saving and reading a floor from the library. Just wondering if it was possible to streamline the process...

cheers,

Hi Planer. Thanks, I had missed your attachment.

It works, so now the next question is: how can you make an imported picture part of a layer, so that it can be turned on and off?

also I am still curious if windows (viewports) can be turned on and off as well. I think it would be a very powerful tool for overlays when working in plan cad...

I tried the window idea, and on the screen it shows behind everything, but when I print the sheet it comes to the front.

Perhaps I should try the picture. Silly question but, how did you make a picture of the text that can be loaded into the drawing?

Hi Planer,

I guess after making the window and adding the text it would be sufficient to make it not-current.

Can windows be turned on and off like layers or do they have to be erased and loaded from the library when needed again?

Hi Veedi,

thank you, I just tried that, but 2 problems arise. First, that property affects all the text in the drawing.
    Second, the text box boundary is not active anymore, but the text still stays on top. It can hardly be noticed if the line weight is minimal. The "not for construction" text has 1/2" line weight, so it keeps obscuring stuff...

hello all,

I am trying to put a watermark "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION" diagonally, and across every sheet of a preliminary set of plans.

I have created a specifc layer in plan cad, and used it for text in pale grey so it can be turned on/off easily. The problem is, of course, when I place it in a drawing it obscures everything behind the text.

Is it possible to have the text placed in the background, behind everything else? I believe it may be done as a picture, and then import it, or have it as part of a template, but I believe neither one of these would be as fast and practical as a single text line on its own layer

cheers,

Hi Thorvald and Jason,

I finally got to it...

Thorvald, your explanation is very useful, however what I was trying to accomplish is to copy the actual wall volumes...

Jason, 1-7-4 in wall design is a good tool to know about. It helped me with some elements, but I think I finally figured out what was happening. As it was mentioned previously, if you copy a wall volume, ceiling volume, etc in D-CAM it will show in ground plan if you "slice" it with the section height, but it will remain invisible in D-CAM unless you are in OpenGL. You can select it, erase it, move it, etc, just cannot see it

Cheers,