Too difficult to do in Dietrichs??

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

I have often been thinking about to try to make a 3D model of a bow in Dietrichs. But I am afraid that it is not possible to make satisfactory nice. Examples: Border Bows, White Wolf bows, my own bow: [/img] and a special type of compound bow: Monster Bows.

It is actually something like the latter type of bow I'd like to make a 3D model of - but with my own design made in wood. I am finished with making the drawings / sketches of the design by hand.

In the pure 3 dimensions, it is perhaps not so difficult. But the rounded shapes that makes a wooden bow so beautiful - just the grip as one example - would be very difficult to make in Dietrichs, I think.

What do you think?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Yes, ok that could be first step. Take my hand drawings (side view), convert them to dxf and - how do you extrude the 2D drawing??

Then you have the side view, then maybe make the rear / front view the same way, but make it as a "mold" and use intersecting volumes, to make the cuts that define the rear / front view??

The last and probably more difficult step would be to make the more or less rounded edges - especially the grip.

By the way, would you do it in wall design or solely in D-Cam? I think, I would suggest wall design.

Bolts and other "external" steel parts, are probably more or less made in the same way - perhaps in other positions and inserted on the bow. See also this webpage, where there are pictures of some of these details, like hinges and such: http://www.bowreports.com/comp…nster/phoenix/phoenix.htm

• Offizieller Beitrag

Import the side view picture into AutoCad, and redraw the shape of the bow with spline lines. Explode the splines to get short straight lines, and save them as dxf. Be sure, that the shape is closed. Import it into Dicam, and extrude it. Do the same way with the front and the upper view, and intersect the three parts with each other. If you really wish round edges, you should not use a construcktion software for buildings...
    What about Cinema-4D? or something like that?

• Well I am not using Dietrichs to build bows, I am using it to build buildings. Archery and designing a bow is a free time thing. I just thought it could be interesting to see, if I could make the bow I have designed, in 3D in Dietrichs. I don't have a AutoCad software, so I can't make the drawing you suggest.

Cinema4D - looks good, but looks expensive. Do you know what it costs? For example Engineering Edition?

• Hmmm., maybe worth to look at. Basically - to make the extrutions in the 2, perhaps 3 directions with intersecting volumes and such, should be quite ok to do. Then basically I just need to take that and round off some of the forms. Maybe this last step could be done easily in Blender.

Wonder if I could also do all this in ProgeCad - a cheap ACad software.

• Well, maybe it's not worth it. Maybe I'll just try and see how far I can get in Dietrichs. I can make the roundings by making molds of straight pieces that are copied and rotated and intersecting volumes. This would give a near rounding shape. If it is made on a CNC machine - I think - it would still need some handcrafting afterwards for finishing.

It's just that I saw Markus once make one of these double curved roofs - it seemed like he had a net, where he could drag single points to change the form.

I have also, I think, seen people here talking about making bended wood pieces. Is that possible? That could be for the bow limbs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!