What is - file type?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Ok, that function do I not have. What does that export do?

For example if one have made a 3D presentation model, where some of the wall volumes should be hidden in order to show the model correctly and nice. If such a model is exported to 3Ds, I guess it is not very useful for the receiver of the 3Ds file??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• I have used this format to export to Google Sketchup, which has been a successful way of sending my model to someone who doesn't have Detrich's.

Regards,
    Hansi.
    Dietrich's version 18.02

• Ok - but what about if some wall volumes (but only a few) should be hidden, in order to show the 3D model correctly and nice. Could you then delete these in Google Sketchup for example?

• Ok - what does the 3Ds module cost?

They are asking me to send 3Ds file, because they want to use my 3D model to make presentation 3D, that is more "architectural", than the 3D pictures I make. They'd like to make something like this: Link, and similar.

• I don't remember what I paid. But it wasn't very much and it guaranteed me a contract, so I pretty much felt it paid for itself.

I followed your link. Those renderings are than I provided. It's not the type of service I provide. I just gave them the Sketchup file for them to view and share the model easily

Regards,
    Hansi.
    Dietrich's version 18.02

• Does anyone know the up to date cost of the 3Ds export module??

• I purchased the export 3DS module in November last year for $375. I sent a frame model from Dicam which was imported as a single object into an archiCAD drawing. They were able to gain all the dimensions and textures from the imported model.

• #Brian. I see - very good to know. $375 is of course a relative high amount just for a export module. Especially if it is only for one export option (3DS). There are also 2 other 3D export options as far as I remember. If the price was for all 3, it could be said it might be ok. But for just one export option it is a little expensive. On the other hand - when it works so well as you tell, it might not be too bad.

But that also requires that, the model you make is made specifically for export, I think. A 3D construction model is perhaps not so useful for that. And you will almost allways have wall volumes, that needs to be hidden etc., to show the 3D model correctly.

In my case though, it seems like at least some of the 3D rendering companies I am talking with, does not require a 3D model as a necessary work base, but can do with 2D PDF drawings.

• That's right. I made a copy of my entire project and then deleted everything the other company didn't need, e.g my foundation wall and some exterior walls and windows. I sent them only the timber frame and let them build up their own renderings around that. The municipality and the carpenters will use their work, I use mine in the shop.

• Hi Thorvald

The 3DS export module was the best £250.00 I ever spent. I use it all the time to export to Google Sketchup (which is of course free - for you and your clients and will import 3DS files).

You can isolate any beams/walls/roof surfaces/etc in Dietrichs and send them as separate storages to Sketchup and put these elements into their own layer in Sketchup.

So your client can easily turn any items on and off as they wish. Sketchuup is so easy to use that it is very staightforward to tell your clients how to turn the layers on and off.

I would thoroughly recommend it.

Cheers

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Does that mean that to have good layers in Sketchup, you export first one layer (let's say facade boards) to sketchup, then you make another export, but this time for example the wall construction?? And so on. Then customers can turn off facade boards, if they'd like to see how the wall construction is made? It sounds a little bit long haired, but of course with a little bit of patience it can be done. Especially on big projects it could require patience. Of course you have the "filter" option in D-Cam - that helps.

I don't (really) see this as an advantage for customers (I mean for customers who is going to buy a house) - but I could see an advantage for the people on the building site. For example the building leader could have sketchup on his computer and if they would like to study something, related to mounting, they can then do that. Also in big projects, with more consulting people (architect, builder etc.) it could be an advantage.

• Hi Thorvald

First of all, using the MOS and filters I isolate the parts of the building I want to send into Sketchup. I then make individual export storages of each of these parts - e.g.GF walls, GF Ceiling beams, etc etc. I put these into a newly created folder identified by the date.

In Sketchup - before I import anything, I create separate layers for each of these parts of the building (very quick and easy).

I them import each part of the building into Sketchup while the relevant layer is set as current.

The parts of the building come into Sketchup referenced to the 0,0,0 datum, so it is very easy to get all the different parts in the right place in relation to each other.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Hi Rob.

Ok - thanks for the explanation. Sounds very "do-able". I don't quite understand what you mean with "individual export storages" - but probably that is something one will understand, if one has the 3Ds export module in Dietrichs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!