Make a texture a specific size?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Ok. Let us say, I want to make a 3D model of a piece of paper that is maybe 420x420 and that has a print on it of a specific size. Is that possible? How to make the texture a specific size - so that the size is correct in Dietrichs, when you define a panel t.ex. 1 mm thick, with this texture. The image I have in mind is this archery target face, where the outer ring is 400 mm in diameter. - And also this tripple spot target face.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are different kinds of textures in the program.
    Some of them are fix, and repeat in tiles from 1m x 1m.
    Others are not fix, and fit to the largest measures of a face.
    For own textures, you find both of them in Freitext folder.

In most cases, the fix textures are used for beams, and the flexible textures are used for panels. So, in your case, you can replace one of the Freitext files with the target texture, and use it on a panel face.

There is another possibility to use fix textures with other dimensions than 1m x 1m. These are f.e. roof tiles. These measures are defined in intern texture sets, but changing them is not trivial...

• So how to choose the those that are not fix? What kind of textures are they? I have been working with the files textur_1 -9, and they are laying there as both bmp and png files.

• Yes, I am still working with version 7. I'd love to upgrade, but the company does not have the means to upgrade.

Should my vollbild.bmp still have the size 512x512 or it does not matter?

• Well - I found out that it works fine with 512x512. If I make 1:1 size, then the 3D model will become a little more heavy and picture quality is about the same. Maybe if you blow it up very big, you would see more poor picture quality.

• Here is another related question, but this time it is for work. :) Well I was thinking to make some tiles with a specific texture, but the tiles are 30x60 cm - not square. But the texture images are square 512x512 pixels. So should I just make my tile image 256x512???? Then to get the mortar / tile glue lines between the tiles, I could either crop my tile image, so that there is a thin white edge all around the tile - or I could actually lay the tiles and make a panel that illustrates the tile glue between the tiles. The latter option has the advantage that one can change the color of the material between the tiles, white, grey or what match the tiles.

How would you do it?

• What is the difference between til bmp files: textur, vollbild and volldbild_grau??

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some years ago, I created some special textures, also with special dimensions. There were different files to change, so that all my textures could work correct. A short time later, a new version came, and I had a problem with my files. In the new version, there were new textures, created by Dietrich's, so that I could not easy copy my changed files into the new version. It was necessary to open the files, and edit them.

This procedure would come with every update, and would take too much time. I gave a collection of my textures to Dietrich's, and they integrated them for all users.

I was able to find out, how textures work, when I used version 6 or 7. If you really want to play with textures, you should spend some time watching the files. I'm sorry, I have no more time for this...

• It's ok - I got it to work quite fine, with the method of making the texture image file 512x256. I just don't understand the difference between textur, vollbild and volldbild_grau. But as long as my textures works, it's great for me. It can be that when / if we upgrade to version 10, 11 or where ever you are now, I'll have to change the texture files. But that thing to that time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!