Working at the same time in syncronized Dietrichs folder??

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

Let's see. I made a SugarSync account, sometime earlier this year - I don't remember exactly when, maybe near the end of last year. In general it works nice. Now we have tried to sync the folder of 2013 drawing project works - between me who are located in Denmark and my assistent(s) located in Lithuania. So - if I in my drawing program (Dietrichs) go to this synced folder and if my assistent in Lithuania is working on a project in this folder (directory) then I am asked to release the directory or not. If I press "ok", nothing happens and I cannot access the project or open the drawing program with that project.
    So my question will be: Is it possible or not, with Sugarsync to work more than one person at the same time, within the same synced folder? It would not be the same project position or the same drawings that we open and work on.

Does anybody here use Sugarsync? Does anybody use syncronization of Dietrichs work folders among different workers - and how / what programs you use.

For local backup, I use GoodSync - and maybe GoodSync also has syncronization functions that could work between computers - but the main reason why I didn't choose GoodSync, is that it is not free.

Best regards, Thorvald.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not know SugarSync but with version 7 you should not work in the same directory at the same time. If you work in two different directories there will be no problem.
    Since version 8 it is possible to work in the same directory if both users work in different projects.

Viele Grüße,
    Joachim Neumann (Dietrich's Technology GmbH)
    Software für den Holzbau, Abbund, Holzrahmenbau, Blockbau, Ingenieurholzbau und für die Fertighausindustrie

• Hi Joachim.

This answer - is that related to syncronization software in general? I mean - in general - as long as we work with version 7, we should not use any syncronization software to syncronize our work - at least not if part of the purpose is to be able to work in the same project at the same time (but of course not the same position or the same drawing, at the same time).
    In version 8 and newer it would be possible to work for example in the same directory like "2013" - but it would (still) not be possibe to work at the same project, under "2013", at the same time??
    But does it not depend on the syncronization software / method, if it is possible or not? Or is it the Dietrichs software that limits the possibilities? Perhaps in order to limit the possibility of lost work? Some syncronization software syncronizes on file level. So if one has a syncronized folder with excel files and one person works at one excel file and another person works on another excel file - that works fine - also in Sugarsync. That's why I thought we could use Sugarsync, because if I work in one position of a project and my assistent work in another position in the same project - then we work in different files (or not?). Or if I work in .plf file number 10 and my assistent works in .plf file number 11 - these are two different files - so this should be possible? - Or not, because Dietrichs sets the limitation on directory (v.7) level or on project (v.8 ff) level?

• And that is because how Dietrichs is made (so in princip independent of syncronization software).

There could be another method:
    We have a ftp-server. We could use GoodSync to make automatic upload and download of files, on file change level. This - I think - should make it possible to work in the same project at the same time - as long as we work on different positions and different drawings.

Does anybody here, use syncronization of Dietrichs work?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!