To re-install computer - and Dietrich's.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

Long time, no see... :) But in general, I am just working... :) The background for this thread is that because of some (other) problems, I had to have my computer completely reset. So now my computer is "blank" as new computer. So now I am going to reinstall all my programs etc. - including Dietrich's. In princip I could do it the same way I did in this thread: Transfer Dietrichs to new computer. - Hardware - Dietrich's Unser Forums

But as we also saw in that thread, there might perhaps be some issues with that - or maybe it would be ok. Based on my backup of all my data, on my external harddrive, I also have a backup of the "DIETRICHS07_03" as it would/could appear on the C-drive and I think - but I am not sure, that is why I am asking - that I actually ran Dietrich's from a position outside the C-drive. Probably so it was easier to make a backup of the program. Or another possibiliy is that the backup is from the C-drive. I know that I had these folders "DHPDBA" and "Dietrichs_project" outside the C-drive, exactly to make it easier to take backup of it - but I am not sure about the program it-self.

So my actual first question is: Is it possible, that I ran Dietrich's from a location outside of the C-drive? Would it be possible to do so?

In my backup, I also have a copy of the CD, because I have a folder "Content of 7_03 CD", "License files" and "Patches".

To re-install Dietrich's on my "blank" computer - how to do that the best way, based on above information?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

So my actual first question is: Is it possible, that I ran Dietrich's from a location outside of the C-drive? Would it be possible to do so?

Of course, that is possible. During the installation, you are asked, if you want "standard" or "user defined". If you choose the second, you are able to install where ever you want.

If you have a backup copy of the program, you can place it to any drive.

You just have to correct all the paths in the file "windat\dhpdat.ini", by using a simple text editor.

Years ago, I had V7 running on a USB stick, so I know, it is possible.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Ok - but what would be the better version:

A) To install the program, from the copy of the CD.

Or

B) To just copy the program or part of the program to any location, I'd like to and set paths.

I don't know, but I guess with A, I might be more sure, that all parts of the program works, incl. material database (that didn't work before in some years). Only "disadvantage" is that it would be a clean installation, without for example all the custom made materials in material database. But since I have these as a copy elsewhere, I guess I could just copy these into the new installation or set paths to these things.

Variant B is perhaps simpler at first, but are there any disadvantages, that in total would make it more complex?

• Maybe, with a clean pc is could be better to install the program. I am not sure, if everything works fine, if you only copy the program folder.
    After install, you can copy the custom files.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Ok, I have the following folders:

1. Content of 7_03 CD.
    2. License files.
    3. Patches.
    4. Dietrichs V 13_0 textures (can they be copied into the program as well, after installation?).

Then I also have a backup copy of:

1. DHPDBA. This I don't 100% remember what is?

I also in another location have a copy of:

1. AVO. What is this?
    2. DHPDOT. What is this?
    3. GAU. I think this is wall macros, so important to copy as well or set paths to. Some of the files changed recently.
    4. HRB. Not sure what this is, but some of the files changed recently. So I guess I have set paths to this also.
    5. WINVOR. What is this?

I am not 100% sure, but I think I before had set paths to above 5 folders plus maybe the DHPDBA.

So what would be the proces to re-install Dietrich's? It is long time ago since I last installed it from scratch.

1. In "Content of 7_03 CD", autorun or setup?
    2. Then what? Folder "License files" and run HASPUserSetup? There is also a folder here with the same number as my hardlock. So I guess this is to make the hardlock work, but how?
    3. Then what? Something with folder "Patches"? Or just leave that / maybe even delete it, so it won't confuse me another time?
    4. Copy Dietrichs V 13_0 textures?
    5. Then I would assume that the program is installed. So then it would be something about setting paths - but what folders are important to set paths to?

Maybe something like a step, by step, like above, would be nice, so I do it correctly first time and so it does not take too long time to do. :)

Also it could be nice to delete, what I don't need to have in maybe different locations. For example I also have copies of Dietrichs 7_00 and Dietrichs 7_02 CD's. Maybe not necessary to keep these?

• V7 is some days ago, so I can't answer some of your questions, but I will try:

Ok, I have the following folders:

1. Content of 7_03 CD. Fine, install please
    2. License files. You need them indeed!
    3. Patches. I don't know, perhaps small updates?
    4. Dietrichs V 13_0 textures (can they be copied into the program as well, after installation?). Textures are good, when they are adressed from the program. It needs a couple of other setting and definition files, too.

Then I also have a backup copy of:

1. DHPDBA. This I don't 100% remember what is? Very important! This contains the database

I also in another location have a copy of:

1. AVO. What is this? I think it is not required, but takes not much place
    2. DHPDOT. What is this? It contais templates, you need it
    3. GAU. I think this is wall macros, so important to copy as well or set paths to. Some of the files changed recently. Don't know, but I guess you need it
    4. HRB. Not sure what this is, but some of the files changed recently. So I guess I have set paths to this also. it contains wall type definitions, need it
    5. WINVOR. What is this? all your preferences and own settings are there

I am not 100% sure, but I think I before had set paths to above 5 folders plus maybe the DHPDBA. Correct paths are written automatically during installation, you only need to correct them, if you copy your installation folder to an other place.

So what would be the proces to re-install Dietrich's? It is long time ago since I last installed it from scratch.

1. In "Content of 7_03 CD", autorun or setup?
    2. Then what? Folder "License files" and run HASPUserSetup? There is also a folder here with the same number as my hardlock. So I guess this is to make the hardlock work, but how?
    3. Then what? Something with folder "Patches"? Or just leave that / maybe even delete it, so it won't confuse me another time?
    4. Copy Dietrichs V 13_0 textures?
    5. Then I would assume that the program is installed. So then it would be something about setting paths - but what folders are important to set paths to?

Maybe something like a step, by step, like above, would be nice, so I do it correctly first time and so it does not take too long time to do. :)

you will find your way...

Also it could be nice to delete, what I don't need to have in maybe different locations. For example I also have copies of Dietrichs 7_00 and Dietrichs 7_02 CD's. Maybe not necessary to keep these?

I would keep them as a backup

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark

• Hmm - ok. I think autorun and setup is more or less the same. But when I get to the main screen and select "Installation of Dietrich's software", I get this error message: "No language available" and "DHP setup - no language file". And I can't continue.

• Well - I am guessing, that since the "installation" approach does not seem to work, I would have to use the "copy program" approach. Together with some of the tips and tricks in the other older threads about transferring Dietrich's to another computer.

• I tried the "copy" aproach plus running haspdinst, HASPUserSetup and HLDRV32. To start Dietrich's, it is dicmain in winexe, right? But it says that dgz.dll is not found? Aaah no - it is dhpzen to run the program?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Thorvald ()

• What about the database program? That is "Baudaten" under "Winexe", that I should make a desktop shortcut to, right? Something special, I should do with that too? I used to have desktop short cuts for both of these two parts of the program. :)

• What about the database program? That is "Baudaten" under "Winexe", that I should make a desktop shortcut to, right? Something special, I should do with that too? I used to have desktop short cuts for both of these two parts of the program. :)

I never had a shortcut for the database program. I always started it from within the normal program.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Ok - in dhpdat.ini, I am not sure, why I have a DHPPRO=E:\ . But maybe it doesn't matter?

Other than that, I edit the paths, to the correct folders and folder names.

• Allrigth - when through these steps, things seems allright. Program seems allright. Only issue seems at the moment to be that the hardlock is not working. I have tried several times with the 3 files that Florian provided in 2018. (haspdinst, HASPUserSetup, HLDRV32). But it doesn't work at the moment and sometimes it makes the computer crash, so that I have to roll windows back to a time yesterday afternoon. I think it is especially HASPUserSetup, that causes the crash.

So I will try to create Dietrich's again and this time try to run only HLDRV32.

• Ok - the program can still not find hardlock xxxxx. So how to fix that one? :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!