Drawing files.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• How are the drawings attached to specific positions??

What are the .pla files used for?? Can I delete them?

In this project I am working with, I have several houses - each house in one position. I am reorganizing the drawings, because it is a bit mess. T.ex. I have wall drawings for some houses - and then later I have roof element drawings for the same houses. And the numbering of the drawings are also not continious. So I am renumbering the .plf files. This I do with a copy of the drawings, another place than in the Dietrichs project folder.

Can something bad happen, when I delete the existing .plf files, and copy the reorganized files into the project folder??

I was also thinking about to reorganize the positions, because, I have positions that I don't have to keep - but can something bad happen here?

For the wish list: The possibility to organize drawings in folders. Perhaps automaticly, so there are one drawing folder for each position. It should then be possible to move drawings from one position to another - t.ex. if you want to delete a position, because you have a copy that you use.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Thorvald

How are the drawings attached to specific positions??

They are in the same folder and have specific names:
    xxxxxyyy.plf xxxxx = project number, yyy = plan number, plf = file type

Zitat

What are the .pla files used for?? Can I delete them?

pla files are your storage files, that you create from the model or wall construction, and read it with Plancad. After importing the storage, the pla file has done it's job, and you can delete it.
    (I delete all pla files, when the project is comlpete, so the pla files do not come into my project backup.)

Zitat

In this project I am working with, I have several houses - each house in one position. I am reorganizing the drawings, because it is a bit mess. T.ex. I have wall drawings for some houses - and then later I have roof element drawings for the same houses. And the numbering of the drawings are also not continious. So I am renumbering the .plf files. This I do with a copy of the drawings, another place than in the Dietrichs project folder.

Can something bad happen, when I delete the existing .plf files, and copy the reorganized files into the project folder??

You can answer this question for yourself, if you understood, how the files are organized. (See my answer above)

Zitat

I was also thinking about to reorganize the positions, because, I have positions that I don't have to keep - but can something bad happen here?

It is possible, but you should not delete or push positions with the Explorer or Commander. Each position has some more different files with specific content. There are files with global informations, and different files with geometric informations. You should copy and delete them with Dietrich's program.
    You can compare the results in Explorer, and only if you are very sure what you are doing, you can do it direct in Explorer. But don't cry, if there is CHAOS or data loss...

Zitat

For the wish list: The possibility to organize drawings in folders. Perhaps automaticly, so there are one drawing folder for each position. It should then be possible to move drawings from one position to another - t.ex. if you want to delete a position, because you have a copy that you use.

Read my first answer, then you will know, that it will not be possible. Plancad organisation works with 5+3.plf names.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• 1) Yeahh, I understand that - and now I remember that it is not the .plf files that are attached to positions but the .pla files are.

2) Aahh, so the .pla files are the blocks (stored images) that I insert in the drawings. I understand.

3) Nothing bad will happen, because the .plf files is just a long list of drawings. And the order of them doesn't matter.

4) I wouldn't do it any where else than in the Dietrichs menu (delete and copy positions). When I create folders for new projects, I prefer to do it in explorer (if that is what you call it). If I delete positions, I will have some empty spaces (position numbers), where I can copy other positions to. So with copy and delete, I can reorganize my positions as I wish.

5) I know, but that could be changed to a number system like xxxxxyyyzzz.plf xxxxx = project number, yyy position number and zzz plan number. So when one make a new drawing, the program asks what position it should be attached to. And when opening drawings, the list of drawings would be folders with the position names and under that, the drawings attached to that position. And if you - in the program copy a drawing to another position the program automaticly changes the yyy number. That cannot be so dificult. Or it could be in the same way as with the .pla files - they are organized position wise.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!