Housed Joint

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• I have a 3x beam and an 8x column the beam is flush to one side of the column and I want to let this 3x beam into the column and have 2" of bearing ( no tenon ). What I have tried so far gets me a housing the full width of the column I need the housing to be the same width as the 3x beam with 2 " of bearing. Please advise.

Thanks!

Kayaker

• Hi Kayaker,

can you upload a sketch of how the process is going to look like? Is the 3x running into the column with its end grain or is is it passing the column at its side?

Regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Hello Jens,

Yes, the notch function did extend to beam into the post by 2" correctly. But the column received a housing 8" wide rather than the 3" width of the beam.

Kayaker

• Hello,

I am having a similar problem.

I am trying to cut a slot into an angle bracket.

I have created a constant section the size of the required slot and placed it into position. I have selected different ground surfaces and sides, but always end up with one side being fully cut out.

I have checked to make sure that there are no gaps in the notch settings.

Picture attached.

Thanks,

Dan

• Yes, when I use the end grain as a ground surface it cuts off entirely, as shown.

I tried moving the beam so that it is 1/16" short of passing through the plate, and notched. It worked. As soon as the beam is made flush through to the opposing side (or entirely through, as I have been trying) it does not work.

I also tried Add. Depth in Z. and I am having the same problem (while using end grain as ground)

• Hi Daniel,

You can not use the notch function to cut through a beam in one step. What you can do :

Zitat

( I tried moving the beam so that it is 1/16" short of passing through the plate, and notched. It worked.).

After you have done that go into single beam info go to notch and extent the depth. That is one way.
    If you have to cut through a beam or an object use the Mortise Smart-Tag- with Assign and position at a point.
    You can also use D-CAM 2-02 intersection sets.

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

• My post is in reply to Kayaker's post about 3x connections.....

Another way to do this is to create a 3x tenon on the end of the 3x timber.
    Use user defined tenon in D-CAM and make the tenon the same width as the timber and make it 2" long.
    Here is a screen shot of the timber which in my test was 3x6 joining an 8x8 post flush with the surface.
    After creating the first one, I copied it up the post 10" and then exploded the tenon joint to make it able to move out 4" to show you the pocket it creates in the post.

Another more traditional joint is the stepped shoulder which creates a similar joint but with a diminished housing known as a diminished haunch.
    This can be created by using the command 3-9-1. Then select type #3 regular shoulder. Properties #2 hidden, as full makes it all the way across the timber. And enter 2" in Front notch S. Then select single and select the 3x timber/and confirm then the post/and confirm and watch for the highlighted/flashing line, when it asks you the question: "Please select front edge (back edge) of step joint" To select the bottom line, (as it is usually the line you want to extend) right click until it is highlighted and flashing and then left click to create the step joint.

See drawing below:

• Great!

I should have thought just to edit the single beam info! I think that's the easiest solution.

I also tried 2-02 D-CAM, but that is similar to an intersecting volume, right? I don't like them. Your processes don't show up in single beam info.

Thank you,

Daniel

• That is correct, I don’t recommend 2-02 in D-CAM for wood to wood connection. On a wood to steel or concrete connection it is ok.

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!