Beiträge von Thorvald

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Hello!

I have a suggestion for future updates: When you want to save a picture from OpenGL it should be possible to have a function "save-as" where you can choose destination of the picture, file format (jpeg, etc.).

Now if I save a picture, I don't know where is the picture, and the fileformat is .png (if I remember). So I have been using "screen shots" and cropping the picture in a picture program.

Ok - so it seems like it is not a very good idea to work in windows explorer...

But well: First time I copy projects from one computer to another computer with new Dietrich installation I don't need to pack the single positions or projects. So now I will just copy the folders on the CD into... ?

C:\DIETRICHS05\PROJEKT\ENG ?? or just C:\DIETRICHS05\PROJEKT ??

Ok - I have a new question related to this topic: Working with files. The file structure in Dietrich is way different from what you are used to. It is not possible to work with files in windows explorer - move files, copy files, rename files, overwrite files with new versions etc. - as You can do with autocad files, word files, excel files, etc. etc. To open files in Dietrich - as far as I can see - all the files should be in one location (I know you can work with folders there, yes), but you cannot "ctrl+O" and open files from anywhere on the computer or external harddrive or...

I think that is a huge disadvantage with dietrich. It is so difficult to work with files! Why it is so?

Well the question: I work with a house on the primary computer. I copy the files (project folder) to CD - and I work with the project at another computer and I make changes. Then how to do when I get back to the primary computer - how to overwrite the "old" file there, with the new version?? Do you understand my question?

Hi!

Thanks for the answers, it helps... Rob Cullen: I will make the changes before I put timber i the wall, so that tricky thing You mention is not actual (yet).

Of course, after I have made some changes in the wall properties I should recalculate the roof calculation to get the correct overhang, etc.

Hello!

First question: If I have been drawing a house (not yet with timber in walls etc.) and then I change my mind about the wall properties or the roof properties for example. What happens if I go back to the wall properties and change something - a dimension of a post, thickness of wooden board or change an OSB with DWD - just for example?? Will the model be updated with the new wall properties? And the same for the roof.

Second question: For example: I am drawing a house and I want to make several variations of that house - different roof calculations, different facade boards etc. I want to have one project for each variant. For Autocad, I could just copy the file in Windows explorer and rename the file. But in Dietrichs it seems much more complicated, because You cannot find just one file for the project named "Thorvalds house, version 1.dwg" (or whatever the extension is) copy that and make a new file with the name "Thorvalds house, version 2.dwg" where you can make changes.... ???

Hello!

Thank You for the answer! I will try to find it in "Google".

- If not You know about websites from those who fabricate the material, sell the material, technical data etc.

The material is not known in Denmark (I think) - but it sounds like a good idea (as for example biocore is a very good idea - I could wish it was possible to produce something like Biocore, but with wood - at an affordable price).

What is the name of the 60 mm wooden board/plate material, that can be used at the facade, as basis for facade boards etc. This board it self should have good insulation values, and it is not necessary to use a construction with PE (I hate the idea of having plastik in a wooden house!).

Where can I find much more info about this material?????

When one have opened the OpenGL to view the house or whatever, there is one thing that could be better:

When the OpenGL window is opened - it is not possible to freeze the view - if you move the mouse, the house rotates, and it is not possible to move the mouse out of OpenGL window, for instance in order to open other programs.

To freeze the picture view it would be convenient to use left mouse (ML), as you then still can use right mouse (MR) for the functions to save picture etc. And if you want to un-freeze the picture - just ML again.

That is my idea and suggestion... :)

Hello!

I am new here - but I have already my first suggestion for the develeopers of the English forum - Make all text, at the web site in English!

"Sie haben keine neuen Nachricten" ... hu? ;) Maybe I can guess what the meaning is, because I know a little German, but maybe my guess (or others) is wrong.

Why to choose Dietrich?? Well I know this is an old theme - but it can still be actual for others who wonder why to choose Dietrich. Well why not - or "because" as Markus would say... :lol:

Ok - to be serious: Well I have not much experience with Dietrich - I've just finished two weeks of training. But from what I have seen, it is one of the best 3D construction software on the market and it could be the best for construction of wood houses. I know that there are very good 3D construction / engineering software for steel structures - but they are only good for steel. For concrete there is not much to find - especially not for precast concrete elements - Tekla - but it is very expensive and not very good to concrete. And for wood - well, I know only Dietrich... But I have never seen construction software, so good as Dietrich - except perhaps for steel structures.

When you first get the idea of how the program works - then it is quite easy to use - that took me only a few days. The program is big, it is capable of almost anything you can ask for when it comes to designing wooden houses, and making drawings and rendered 3D models to visualize what you are doing.

I can say only: I am happy that I've met Dietrich's software. ;)