new texture?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hello, do someone knows how to insert in material data base new wall texture (exz. log house wall)?

Vilmantas Liutkus
    Constructor engineer
    Roof constructions, timber frame - shield houses

• Hello Vilmantas,

you can use the "user defined textures" to do this. In the directory c:\Dietrichs08\GIF\Freitex you find the files Str__*.png. If you replace one of these files with a picture of the same size and select the corresponding "User texture" in our construction program, our program will show the picture on the wall, beam etc.

Best regards,

Jens Krause
    Dietrich's Support

Jens Krause

• I want to do this, but I don't find anything Str_*.png. I have version 7.03, by the way. I find these "textur" files. Is it one of these I should exchange with a 512x512 picture of the texture I want??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Hi Thorvald,

it is possible that the Str_* Textures have been introduced with Version 8. You can replace the ones shown above. They are all pictures of Str_ type, so the will be stretched to fit on larger objects.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• It looks like the files named something with "textur" are for example "tiled_1_1x1m" in the Dietrich software and files with names something like "vollbild" are those called "strech..." in the Dietrichs software. So wich one would be better to use for a texture of horizontal wood boards facade?

• Ok, it seems to work to some extend. I have saved a copy of the picture as all possible files, with the same number (2) in that Gif / fritext database. But for some reason the picture is turned 90 degrees. Aaaahhhh could be because the panel is inserted 90 degrees.

But I still wonder what file it was correct to save it as - it might be the "tiled" that was correct, but what file in the library it corresponds to, I don't know.

• Hi Thorvald,

the png files are used in our software in openGL. The bmp files are used when you export your building to VRML.

For a facade you should use the tiles textures.

Regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Ok that's great - it seems to be working surprisingly well. I mean, I made a facade of "real" wood boards, with section made in material database etc. But if I make a large building with a lot of m2 of this wooden facade, the computer can't handle it in OpenGL - it gets too heavy + from distant view the lines are getting together, and the facade is just black lines. But using this texture with panels, that covers a whole wall, will make the model significant less heavy. And it actually looks very much as the "real" wooden facade boards.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Jens Krause

the png files are used in our Software in openGL. The bmp files are used when you export your building to VRML....

I'm sure, it's just the other way. Bmp is used by the program, and png for export.

Thorvald:
    You can use pictures with other sizes than 512x512. At least, the width and height must be even, not odd, otherwise pictures may appear strange on some faces.

Stretched pictures are used to integrate real building photos onto a wall. But: Do not use too large pictures direct from your digicam.
    Before using a photo, you have to straighten and cut it in a photo software.

If you use own photos for patterns or tiles, the pictures must fit seamless. You can send me one of your pictures, and I try to make it suitable...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Jens,

in some of my projects I only used own BMPs and did not change the PNGs.
    Transparent areas are not included in the pictures. They are calculated by the program. There are two conditions to make an area transparent: it must be defined in the texture set, and then all pixels which have the same color as the bottom left (or upper left?) pixel will become transparent.

• Thanks but for now it seems to work very ok. The size also seems very good, even though I just cropped out a piece of 512x512 from a picture of the facade made in Dietrichs with real facadeboards. Vertical there should be I think 23 boards and here is 21 - no-one will notice.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!