Most powerful laptop today?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

What is the most powerful laptop today at max. price 2685 euro?

Demands: Min. 16-17" screen, min. 500 Gb HDD (1000 Gb would be nice), and Nvidia graphics.

My thoughts is that Toshiba Qosmio X500-135, takes the prize. Other suggestions??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Is it by the way still so that Dietrichs does not recommend ATI graphic cards for use with Dietrichs? I am using version 7.03 and my next computer will probably be with Windows 7 or as I have now Windows Vista.

And by the way, under requirements for new laptop computer I forgot to mention number pad in the keyboard.

• Hi Thorvald,

First I would recommend a workstation computer or laptop they are very durable.

Second I would recommend any computer that has a NVIDIA Graphics( Nvidia Quadro )card

Below is a link for Nvidia partners.

I have had very good experience with Dell Workstation but it doesn't have to be a Dell. ) (See second Link)

http://www.dell.com/us/en/busi…recnnb&s=bsd&cs=04&~ck=mn

http://www.nvidia.com/object/workstation_wtb_partners.html

http://www.nvidia.com/page/workstation.html

Several of our clients have used the Dell refurbished /outlet online store and they had good luck with it.

There you can get high end computers for a good price.

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBO…803&c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb

You might not be able to get a refurbished Dell from your area.

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

• What is the definition of a workstation laptop? When is a laptop a workstation laptop?

• Hi Thorvald,
    It is a laptop powerful enough to replace a desktop and at the same time portable. It's performance equals a good desktop computer and it is as durable.

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

• Zitat von doug

Hello, I prefer notebooks from Acer. At the end of last year I bought an Acer- Aspire notebook with WIN7, Nvidia- graphic card, 18,4 Screen and also a number pad in the keyboard ;)

Hmm, that one looked very interesting. But when I look at it in Denmark, it is not available with Nvidia graphics... In general it seems like most of the computers from Acer has ATI.

• Hmmm, I must admit that the Dell Precision M6500's looks very interesting. I think that in this case support and warranty is much better than if you just buy a laptop computer, in much the same way as if you bought it as a private computer. On such a Dell Precision, is there 3 years waranty and 3 years support, as standard??

Just 2 things annoyed me a bit, when I was making different configurations on these Dell mobile workstations: Why I could not choose more harddrive capacity than 500 GB? Is it only the "advanced" model, I can get with the orange/red cabinet? I'd like that.

So, is Dell a good buy? Durable, very good build quality inside out, good service etc? It seems to me that you get more for the money with Dell than HP and Lenovo.

Below is some computers I have looked at - in Danish and prices in Danish. I tend to go towards Dell, perhaps "B" or "C". If I choose such one, I would assume that both the computer itself and the configuration would last longer than for example the Toshiba Qosmio. The Qosmio could perhaps last 3 years, but the Dell could perhaps last minimum 5 years?

• Hi Thorvald,

Yes the warranty is standart with Dell. My first Dell Precision I bought is 8 years old and still runs. Here in Canada the warranty includes next day service. They come out and fix it right away if there is a problem. I would recomment before you buy call and talk to them, they often go down with the price or add an other year of warranty or features.

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

• That sounds like a plus to Dell. Also here it is 3 years next day service. This also replies to what I say: It may be better than each 3 years to buy a "medium" quality computer (high end home use computer), to buy a workstation with very good specifications - that can last perhaps 8 years, as you say. Also because it costs perhaps 1 work day, each time you change computer - it is not something you want to do too often.

• Is there no e-mail to Dell?? I'd like to correspond with them via e-mail about the product, questions and about features, what includes, what not. For example I don't need the Microsoft Office, as I have Office 2000, that I expect can run also on the 64 bit Windows 7. I don't want the new versions of Office, and I also don't really need it. Also other software that is included, like antivirus, is not interesting as I have antivirus software (MSE), that I use. All such I'd like to exclude and in stead get more HDD capacity, orange/red cabinet, lower price and such, for example.

• I like the Dell M6500 Covet version very much. But the self configurator on the Danish website does not leave the possibility to for example choose a SSD + 2 harddrives. Shouldn't that be possible?

• I have seen this option, but I definetely would prefer to communicate over e-mail! For a few reasons: I don't like much to talk on phone. With e-mail you can easily remember what have been asked and answered. If they had a chat option that would be ok also. But the possible lack of e-mail is a little minus on the service side.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Beautiful desktop and very nice machine!

How can you work with only one monitor? For my actual project I need 4 of them.

And hey, you calculate with a non battery abacus, whaaoohh!

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• Thanks - it is a very nice setup and a very nice computer. The OpenGL 3D on the screen is one of my favourite 3D models. A quite big house and it contains (almost) everything we can do at the factory: Concrete elements of many kinds, wood elements of different kinds, steel/wood combo wall elements, balconies etc. etc. Markus (my teacher...) saw this model first hand a few years ago and he was impressed...

Setup (all new):

1) Computer: Asus G73SW-91229V.
    2) Eksternal screen: Asus VK278Q (27").
    3) Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800.
    4) Mouse: Logitech Wireless Mouse M505.

I like this setup alot. The only thing I am missing, is to clean-up under the table...

I don't think I could work with more than one monitor and I cannot see that one would need it for Dietrichs work.

Hehehe first I didn't understand the comment about my calculator, but now I understand... Well I do not use that (I don't know how to use it) - but I use a quite old Hewlett Packard 48GX with 128 kB Ram... In my new keyboard there is also a calculator button. Push that and a calculator pops up on the screen - smart! Shhhhh - Markus would say that we don't need any calculator - it is built-in in Dietrichs... :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!