Mirroring

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi,

I need to mirror a drawing to same place as original one. But it's impossible without copy! Hence the original and mirrored objects get mixed. How to avoid this situation?
    1. mirror with copy
    2. delete original
    3. move new one to the right place?

I have 20 drawings that need to be updated, sometimes more. What for to triple a work process? How complicated is it to add a simple checkbox to according dialog for copy/no copy option?

• I guess my first question would be to ask why do you need to mirror everything?

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• There are 2 houses in my project that are identical but mirrored. I have finished all drawings for one and need to mirror them for another.

• I now understand the "why".

As to an easier solution than 1) mirror 2) delete original, 3) move; I can't think of anything.

In D-CAD2d you can just pan the viewport to bring it back to the proper position on the page instead of move, after you have deleted. But I guess that would depend on what you are mirroring.

Other drawing programs do have "reflect" with an option for copy or not.
    Until such an option is added, you may have to do it your way.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Yes the solution 1) 2) 3) you described is pretty simple. In theory.
    In reality it needs a bit (or much) more to gym.

E.g. if there is any basepoint dimension lines every of them need to reverse to get 0-points to proper side. AND that can't be done at once, every need to deal one by one.

If there are any dimension texts moved away from their original location (because of narrow space caused by tiny distances and drawing scale) they don't move with as dimension line is mirrored with drawing. Text needs to be moved separately. Try it please.

• Text, dimensions etc. are correct mirrored. But I am totally with you that you will have to check the drawing closely, move text, make new baseline dimension lines etc. to make the drawing look nice. It is bit of a work.

When I have situations like this where I want to mirror a whole drawing (for example wall elements, that are mirrored copies), I usually do as follows: I make a new empty drawing of big "paper size" and a scale that is the same as the original drawings or close to. Then I copy the content of the drawing (or the parts I want to mirror) to that drawing - and normally I can have contents from perhaps 4-5 drawings, in the one half of this big drawing. Then I mirror these 4-5 drawings at once and adjust dimension lines etc as necessary and copy it back to the original (or new) drawing.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Actually this software is much better than AutoCad... :)

• Ok - what are your complaints about the software? Let's get it on the table, so Dietrichs knows what they should work with. Positive feedback is better than "I am king of Sweden" and "such kind of s...ware"... :)

I like this program very much - but I have also had ideas and some of those are actually in the newer versions of the program or available - like U-value calculation, heat loss calculation and better static software.

One of my complains today is that Dietrichs should update the core or engine of the program so that it can take full advantage of todays high speed and high capacity computers + be a little more future secured (support up to 8 cores in processor for example or what one could think of). Simply to make the program better to handle very big models and models with many parts. To take advantage of up to 32 GB Ram etc. That is my great wish of today.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!