Material database and weight calculation in D-cam.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

In order to use the function "object info" in D-cam, to calculate the weight of single items, the material database must of course be made correct.

Materials like SPF or custom material concrete is not a problem, because the unit for these are kg/m3 - so they can allways be calculated correct, if correct density is written for the material.

Then there are profiled beams. To be sure that Dietrichs can calculate correct weight of these, one have to calculate kg/m - I asume(?) Because I asume here it is not possible to use kg/m3 - what I think would be more convenient. Because if you have a profiled beam (let's say a concrete hollow core slab, just for example) and you make a cut in it, with intersecting volumes: Would the weight of that element, then be calculate correct or wrong?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• The reason why I ask, is because I am going through the material database, to correct where it is wrong. And it leads me to another question: What is the difference between profiled beam and beam? Is it possible allways to use "beam".

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes you have to use kg/m.

The difference between a beam (which can have a profile too) and a profiled beam is that they are written into different material lists.

Viele Grüße,
    Joachim Neumann (Dietrich's Technology GmbH)
    Software für den Holzbau, Abbund, Holzrahmenbau, Blockbau, Ingenieurholzbau und für die Fertighausindustrie

• But if I use "beam" in stead of "profiled beam" I get the possibility to use kg/m3 - wouldn't that be easier? SPF is also "beam".

• I can try - but I just realize that this is not where our main problem is. Let's see:

- Concrete walls are made with a auxilary in concrete with weight reference kg/m3 and there seems to be no problem, to calculate correct weight of elements or parts of elements.
    - Concrete deck elements, hollow core as well as massive profiles are made as panels, as that is easier to work with in construction program. The weight reference is here kg/m. Maybe the simple solution is to change to kg/m3 as I do have this as an option. Worth a test, I think.

Because if weight reference is kg/m3, then D-cam can allways calculate correct weight, because volume is calculated correct. Does it matter in this context what the "unit" setting is in material database (pcs., mm, mm3, m3, etc.)?? If I can use kg/m3 then I don't have to calculate the kg/m for each and every profile I make... That would be an advantage.

• Zitat von Thorvald

But if I use "beam" in stead of "profiled beam" I get the possibility to use kg/m3 - wouldn't that be easier? SPF is also "beam".

Zitat von Joachim Neumann

Just try if you get the same result. I never tried that before.

So far it seems to work. I am working my self through each material in the material database (of course mainly the materials I have made - but that is not so few also). In the cases where I had "profiled beams" I have tried to change them to "beam" and to change weight reference to kg/m3 and unit to m3 (and of course write what the density of the material is). And "Object info" in D-cam seems to calculate correct volumes and weights.

I also came across a material, I had made as panel (but with a profile). Changed weight reference to kg/m3 - that worked also.

To use kg/m3 is much easier, as one does not have to calculate how many kg/m the profile is.

• I don't understand how a weight reference of 400-600 kg/m3 works (as used for SPF for example). How does the program know what weight to use? If I make a wood material I use 550 kg/m3 - a little on the safe side maybe - but that's what I use.

• What are "Materials for molds" and why they don't have a weight reference?

• Ok, but what is molds used for?

I am now finished to go through the material database (took a few days) and correct the different materials (mostly my own of course). Most of the materials I have changed to "beam" and weight reference to kg/m3. It is easier to use kg/m3 than to have to calculate kg/m, each time you make a new material / profile.

• Huh? Sorry I didn't really understand what you said there. But it sounds like it has something to do with something I don't use. I was just curious, that's only why I asked. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!