Textures - again.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Let's say I am making inside walls, and these are to be covered with profiled MDF panels. To show the difference from t.ex. fibregypsum, I'd like that the surface of the MDF panelled walls looks like these profiled panels.

I could do that in two ways: 1) In material database to make a profiled beam, with the color. 2) To make a panel with the MDF panel texture. Solution 2 would be the easiest to work with, because panels automatically cuts around doors etc. But how do I make sure that the texture is showing up in the right direction (profiling is vertical), and that the size of the profiling is appr. correct???

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/Thorvald73/Building%20construction/HuntonitTradisjoncaffelattedekor.jpg]

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Thorvald,

you can change the direction of the texture by positioning the panels in 0° or 90° orientation.

The texture fits an 1m x 1m area. You can (I hope so!) change the texture, so that the picture shows as many boards as you need to look as real as possible.
    If you cannot do it, I can help you...

• Well, about positioning the panels in 0 or 90 degrees orientation - I tried it, but it didn't seem to work. But maybe I did it wrong and I also did not try yet with above picture.

Another thing is that the color of the panels in above picture does not look like the caffelatte color. The man who sent me this picture, said I could tweak the color in a picture program. The original picture is in tiff by the way - above is jpeg. Don't remember if it has to be a specific picture format for Dietrichs. The original picture, is 32,7 MB (1392x1392 pixel). Oh I just see that it is when I saved it as jpeg, that the color seemed wrong. The color of the original picture seems correct.

• Let's see: The MDF panels are 600 mm wide (or each panel covers 600 mm on the wall). Each "board" in the panel is 120 mm, 5 pcs on 600 mm and 8,333 on 1 m. So the picture I got is actually one panel of 600 mm or so, width. How to tweak that to 1x1 m?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Thorvald,

I will make a texture image from your last picture. It will not have 8,33 but 8,00 boards every meter, so you get the nearestby look and feel, but you cannot exactly count the boards. If you necessarily need the exact measures, then someone must create an own texture set for these panels.

By the way, every board in your picture has a different colour and brightness. I will take one of the middle to make the texture image.

• Hi. I am happy. :) Sort of. Why it took ½ hour? Aaahh because you had to tweak the picture to fit 1x1 m?? I don't think it is so important if there are 8 or 8,333333 boards / m. But couldn't one actually not just resize the picture, so there would be 8,33333 boards/m. Don't know, just asking.

I will forward an e-mail, with another MDF panel (there are different board profiles). The one I will send is the one that we use for the moment. This e-mail has download link for a complete panel and a section of a panel (like above). This is in color white NCS 0502Y. There is also a picture with the other colors and their NCS and CMYK codes (I think it is CMYK codes). I assume that if you make the white panel texture, like you did above - you can easily make copies of that and in a Photoshop program change the colors - so that I have textures of the MDF panel in the different colors. I tried in my own Paint Shop Pro. but I think my version os too old. I couldn't specify the CMYK levels.

I hope that I someday can help you with something. You are always so helpful. :) In the meantime, I will test the texture you sent above, to see if it works for me.

• Hi.

Looks like the MDF texture, now works very well. Only thing you could say, is that the connection between panels does not show correct. This could have to do with where the picture is cropped. If it is cropped in the middle of the profile between boards, maybe it would be showing more correct and seamless?

• Zitat von Der_Planer

Hi Thorvald,
    ... I can change the texture to 8.333 boards per meter. Then it will fit exactly to your 600 mm boards, but it wil no more fit to larger faces.

What do you exactly mean with this? Do you mean that if I input a panel that is, let's say 1200 mm wide, then it will show up wrong?

• Ok - I see. But as far as I understand, these MDF panels are almost allways 600 mm wide. So maybe it is not going to be a problem.

• Ok - I have gotten a little bit further. Below is the explanation from Der_planner in princip how to do it:

making textures for cad programs needs a lot of steps. The tif-picture in your upload cannot be used as it is, please look at the attachment. I just took it as is is, to show you, that the "tiles" are not automatically seamless. The boards are not parallel, colour and brigtness change from left to right, and from top to bottom. You can work it out with Paint Shop Pro, you have the same program as I have. ;)
    - rotate the picture, until the boards are exactly straight
    - cut out one single board
    - devide the picture in the horizontal middle, push the upper part to bottom and the bottom part to the top, so the tiles will be exactly fit
    - in the middle of the picture will be a seam, repair it, until it is no more visible
    - copy the picture, and set as many boards beside an other, as you need on 1 meter
    - stretch the picture in height, to get a square format
    - resize it to 512x512 pixel, and use it as a seamless texture for 1x1 meter tiles
    - for more colours, take the result picture, change the colour and save it as a new file.

Now in above explanation, he is using a picture of one complete panel. I decided to go around it a little bit differently and use the picture I've got, with a section of one panel (like the examples I posted above). After a little bit trial and error I did something like this:

- First I had to find a photoediting software that can rotate the picture less than 1 degree. Because my old Paint Shop Pro cannot do that. My choice was the free version of "PhotoFiltre".
    - I used Photofiltre to rotate the image so boards are completely vertical - in small increments each time.
    - Then I cut out one panel, by cutting in the middle of the tongue and groove connection.
    - After trial and error, in Paint Shop Pro, I made a new image 512x512.
    - The image of the one board was then resized to 512/8,3333 in the width and 512 in the height (pixels).
    - Then - in Paint Shop Pro - I copied this image and inserted it into the 512x512 image.
    - Did that 9 times, until the 512x512 pixels image was filled - being careful to position each boards, very next to each other. The last board was automatically "cut" to 0,3333 of board width - because the image was set to 512x512.
    - Then I saved to bmp.

Now I thought I could use PhotoFiltre to change the colors acc. to the CMYK scales I was given for the different colors. But I didn't understand how - or the program does not have the appropriate function to do it. Also in Paint Shop Pro 7 (old yes), it looks like I cannot do it. It looks like it works in RGB. Well there is also some CMY and a possibility to split in CMYK layers. But the result is that I don't understand how to change the colors.

The below images, shows my texture tile file, the inside wall with textures and edges - so you can see where the single 600 mm panel is, and without textures and edges - seamless wall surface.

So I have gotten quite far - just need the colors changed. And I am not sure how to do that.

• Ok, I am getting slightly confused now. I got RGB levels for the different colors, but couldn't figure out out to use that information in Paint Shop Pro or PhotoFiltre for that matter.

So I turned on my old computer and installed my old Photoshop 4. Here I found a toolbar, where I can adjust RGB values, but I also saw that I could adjust CMYK directly. Great, I thought. Color looked correct. Hmmm - but how to change the colors of the image????????????????????????????????

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Thorvald,
    last Sunday I sent you an Email with the RGB conversions of your CMYK colours. Didn't you get it?

In Paint Shop Pro 12, you can change the brush colour to exakt RGB values.
    Take a brush, and set opacity to 100%. In mixture mode, you chose "colour" instead of "normal".
    Now you can paint all over your picture, and the brush will only change the colour. I don't know, but I guess, it is also possible with your older version.

• Yes, I got the e-mail. But when I found out that I could work with the CMYK values in Photoshop, I tried that, because that would give a more precise color. I also saw in Photoshop, that it showed me the corresponding RGB values to the CMYK values and they were (as far as I remember) not the same as yours. (oh I could actually use that).

I try to follow your explanation in my version 7 of Paint Shop Pro. A little bit difficult and I didn't succeed yet, as you can see on below pics. But I am trying because I'd like to learn how to do this. But maybe my pictures can guide you to guide me in the right direction.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the special mode the Planer used was not available in version 7 of PSP but you can do that in another way:
    - Create a new, empty layer which is on top of the current layer.
    - Then select the mode 'color' for this new layer.
    - Now use the normal paint brush and draw on this layer.
    The result is the same as with the mode 'color' at the paint brush.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!