Float underflow error, wall macro mirrored.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

I have this very small simple project. I want to make wall 3 as a mirrored copy of wall 2. So I put wall 2 in wall macro and in wall 3 I want to insert it mirrored. But program crashes with "float underflow". This also happens if I in D-cam try to mirror the items of wall 2.

What goes wrong?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• You should adjust your signature to show what version you are currently using, to avoid future questions. Thanks.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• No body has some clue to what I could do to fix it? I cannot finish this small project, before I can continue with it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now, I send you a copy of your model.

There are two strange things, I detected.
    1. very short edges can cause problems with mirroring
    2. the raw length of a beam is much shorter than it's real length.

I guess, you didn't create these parts in a "normal" way?

• Hi.

Thank you very much.

I don't know what you mean "in a normal way"? I made the wood beam. For the round cuts I made a material - profiled beam in material database that could make the round cuts. And then I used that with intersecting volumes, to get the roundings.

I don't understand the part "the raw length of a beam is much shorter than it's real length."

Is something fixed in the position you attach? I can see you managed to do the copy. I am thinking about one thing, that maybe could create a too short edge: If you zoom very much in at the area, where the rounding goes over to the straight part, it looks like the rounding does not fit the width of the wood beam perfectly, because the circle is made in segments. Maybe if I used one or two less number of segments, for this rounding, it would not happen?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm. Please, try to delete the two cuts at the end of the beam. The remaining beam is shorter than 1,045 m. So, something is wrong with this part.
    The internal shape has very, very short edges. If you try to create such a beam once more, use intersection parts with less edges. Maybe, then it can be mirrored.

The raw length of a beam is the value in brackets (see pic 2). Normally it is larger than the value left beside the brackets. In this case, it is shorter, so I see a hint of something being strange.

In the attached position, I copied (not mirrored) the 2 strange parts, and set their MOS to wall 3. All other parts are mirrored.

Working with round parts and intersecting volumes can be really difficult, and turn your haircolour into gray...

I hope, you can finish your project now.

• Thank you for the help. Yes, sometimes intersecting volumes drives me crazy - but it is not allways when it come to "round" shapes.

But then I better understand why I could not make an arrow cut a hole in the paper face target, that I had made 0,5 mm thick and the arrow is of course round and with quite a lot of segments and only 7 mm i diameter. In the foam target, I could cut some holes with the arrows, but if I tried with a group of arrows, it didn't cut all holes.

Ok, I will look at to change the beams, and maybe use less segments, when cutting the holes. But if the model works now, I will let it be for now I think - and just try to remember it till next time.

Aaaah now I understand what you mean that you just copied the beams - not mirrored them. Doh - why I did not think of that solution........

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!