Angled roof ridge.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

My brother have a special request that I am not sure I have ever seen in real life. But most probably someone have done it before: To make the roof ridge with an angle. Normally the roof ridge is horizontal. But if one wants an angle on the roof ridge, then how to do that?

I am pretty sure I can do it in roof design, by cutting the roof elements etc. - based on a roof calculation, where the building outlines are angled to the walls.

But is it possible to do it in roof calculation, based on a "normal" building outline, that follows (parallel to) the walls?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the eaves are parallel to the rectangular walls and are horizontal but you want to have an angled ridge your roof faces are warped.
    You also can do that with Dietrich's, with function 2-05 on roof calculation. But And you have luck because we have this function since your version 7.

• #Der_Planer: You're thinking when drawing the roof outline around the walls, yes?

#Joachim: I see the function 2-04 Warped free roof surface. I tried to use it, but I don't understand how to use it, to do what I want. Maybe someone can give a step by step intro?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Thorvald,

I created 3 small building positions, to show you some roof calculations.
    In pos 1 you find a rectangular building with 2 angeled edges. I made them bigger than required, the shortest length of the lines should be 2 cm. With longer lines it is easier to explain and see how it works.
    Pos 1 works with the very normal roof calculation, which you probably use daily.

In pos 2, I made two roofs. I created some lines in dicam in order to have click points for roof calculation.

In pos 3 you find the same as in pos 2, only without roofs. This is for your exercise. Try to make the same roofs as I did.

The roofs in pos 2 are all made with funktion 2-03, the inclined roofs and the warped roofs.
    To create the inclined roof, I turned the model to a non orthogonal view, in which I can find every 3d point (with no other point behind or too close to it). By clicking the points, the roof outlines will be drawn point by point.

At the back side, I created the same roof shape as at the front side, and moved 2 edge points to the original building edges (function 4-5-1). You can see, that the ground shape of the roof was not changed by this function, and after a recalculation, maybe the changes will be lost.
    Please, try out to make the same changes with another function (2-01-4). The result will look the same, but it is no longer a temporary change.

To make the warped roof, I used the same dicam lines and click points, but on the bottom, I used the building edges at level ±0,00.
    Click 4 points to create the warped outlines, and look at the status line, which explains the next step to do. After 1-3 tries, you will find out, how it works.
    In my position, the front and the back roof have the same outlines, but if you put a rafter into both roofs, they will have different directions. The front one is defined to be parallel to the building, and the back rafter is rectangular to the ridge.

Please take as much time as you need, to learn roof calculation. If it lasts an hour or two, it's worth it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi.

I made an additional description and a new position.
    All you have to prepare, is a building with click points. No matter, if they are points, end of lines or edges of beams. In my position, I used 2 floor points at the bottom and two end points of prepared lines.
    The roof shape has only 4 points.

Please, look and try again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not sure if Thorvald wants a warped roof or not. We only know his tests but nothing about the base information.

- Is the building rectangular?
    - Are the eaves parallel to the building?

• Ahhhaaaaaaa - hmmmm. Conlusion(?) It is not possible to do what I searched for, without curving the roof surface (warping) - am I right?? It isn't possible to do with a "flat" / straight roof surface?

So this what my brother is asking is not possible. At least not with CLT elements that we suppose to use and thus not without curving the roof, as my brother probably expect (and I also thought it is possible - but now I can see it is not possible).

• Offizieller Beitrag

My dear friend, everything is possible with Dietrich's. Just have a closer look at my forum avatar. It was designed in dicam.

And, of course, your brother's problem can be solved with straight, flat roof calculation.
    Parallel horizontal eaves, ridge with angle/pitch, no curved/warped roof, why should that not be possible?

Here you are...

... never give up :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• I wonder why I don't get e-mail notifications, when there are new answers. Maybe my registered e-mail is old, I have to look. But anyway, I've forgot to check if there were new answers.

Yes, Der_Planer, nearly everything is possible in Dietrichs, I know that. But this exact request is not as far as I can see. Your solution is close - but you still have to solve it by breaking the roof in two pieces. Because you need to fill the missing triangle.

#CptnLeif. I haven't yet seen how you try to solve it, but thanks for the answer

• For the situation in this photo, I would draw the elliptical curve (outline) in Wall Design, then extrude the outlines in D-CAM (2-5). Be aware that Dietrich's will segment the extruded curved surface into a series of lines rather than one continuous curve.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would be fine, if D-cad could produce elliptic lines, but it can't.
    I would draw the outline shapes in an external 2d-cad, then import as dxf into DICAM, extrude, and work with it, not using the usual roof construction.

But, it would be possible as well, using roof design 2-05 (warped).
    For me, it is easier to use DICAM, than forcing roof design to create those shapes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!