Transfer Dietrichs to new computer.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• I remember one should just copy the Dietrichs program, material database and all that and set directories etc. Is that the procedure in Windows 10?

But what about the hardlock - how to activate that?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

That doesn't work.
    You have to install the software for the first time, otherwise the dongle and the database will not work.

After installing, you can copy the setting files and most other files. Be careful with files, that contain path settings, they may be wrong in the new PC.

• Zitat von Der_Planer

That doesn't work.
    You have to install the Software for the first time, otherwise the dongle and the database will not work.

After installing, you can copy the setting files and most other files. Be careful with files, that contain path settings, they may be wrong in the new PC.

Really? - it worked that way the last time - as far as I remember.

• The program seems fine and complete - and I can open it. I can just not open a position, because is says that Individual hardlock key xxxxx is not found.

• Zitat von Florian Strauss

Please note that Dietrich's can only be guaranteed to fully work on Windows 10 from version 14 upwards (see here).

I had windows 10 also on the old computer and it worked fine there. :)

• Some good ideas, how to make it work? Of course I cannot afford to buy a new version and since my good ol' 7.03 worked fine before, it should also not be necessary. My good free time jobs are dependent on this program and these free time jobs are very important for me - and in the end, they could give me the possibility to afford to buy newest version of Dietrichs. And also as you all know - I love to work and draw in Dietrichs. :+: I did try with this dhp.dkz file (I don't remember the exact name) and the "take over" function and I tried to just copy Kunde.dat to overwrite the file in windat. But maybe I need to do something (else?) in a specific order??

• Offizieller Beitrag

In case you don't have the actual driver installation files, you can find them in the attached zip-folders.
    Please note, that this manual installation of the dongle-drivers, is no guaranty for the program to work 100% on WIN10. But the dongle recognition on your system is more likely to work with the newer drivers.

• #Der_Planer: Nice try - but if I do so, it asks to insert installation CD. First of all I don't think I even have the CD, I think I just got a copy of it, at my previous work where we bought Dietrichs. And even if I had - there is no CD/DVD drive in the new computer.

#Florian: Ok thanks - I will try that.

• Based on Florians files - at least it works now and I can open 3D positions and draw in 2D program. Yes, yes!! Thank you Florian!! :grinning_squinting_face::+:

Now I just need to figure out 1 thing: Why for example wall properties is empty. Where are they normally located?? I think I have set paths correct. But I should double check it.

• And another thing: BauDaten.exe - is the material database, right? But if I try to run that program, it says that dhpdat.ini, is not found??

• Offizieller Beitrag

The wall properties in version 7 should be located in folder "HRB\ENG". The files in this folder can be replaced with the files from your other computer (but make a copy of the original files first).
    "DHPDAT.INI" is a file located in folder "WINDAT". It contains all the paths for the program. If it is not there or it is empty the program cannot work. If the error message comes up only when you try to start the project data program, this particular path could be wrong. You can open the file with a text editor and look at line "DHPDBA=". Here you need to have the correct path to your database file.

• About the paths - among other to wall properties - from your post i figured out what my mistake was: That I needed to go one more step, down to "ENG". Then everything seems to be good.

DHPDAT.INI: Well, the line in the file seems correct: DHPDBA=E:\Dietrich's project\Dietrichs folders, to share\DHPDBA.

What about the contents - does it look correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The path to the database files must not contain any special characters as the "," in yours. For any folder names I would not use any space or special characters other than the underline "_".
    If you change the folder name accordingly and set the path again in project administration or in the DHPDAT.INI file it might work.

• Well, "normal" filenames is usually not a problem and I use that all the time. On the old computer it also worked fine. But I have tried to change it. After setting the paths again, the program itself, works fine, but if I try to double click on BauDaten.exe, in the win.exe folder on the C-drive I still get the message "DHPDAT.ini nicht gefunden". The same happens if I try to set the path directly to the DHPDAT folder that lies directly under the C-drive. The same also happens if I try to copy the files from "my own" DHPDAT folder, into the folder directly under the C-drive. What am I missing? It worked fine on the old computer that was also windows 10.

When I try to open Project Data program, directly from the Dietrichs menu, I get the attached message. I tried what is written there, from the copy I have of the CD. I also find the fpSpru70.ocx in the win.exe folder but I don't know what about the fpFlp30.ocx.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You cannot start the project data program by double-clicking the exe-file in Windows explorer. You need to start it from the Dietrich's menue or you need to create a desktop shortcut to the file and correct the path according to what's shown in the attached screenshot.
    When you start it from the menue you get the message explaining which files you need to have on your system (they have to be in folder Windows\SysWOW64 for Windows10). Sometimes these files have to be registered because this does not happen automatically on a newer system. So you have to do this manually with a command line. You can google how to do this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!