Notch with #4 Process

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what a #4 process means, but there is a way: you can set the tenon as wide as the smaller beam, then create a tenon with a length of 50 cm. Explode the notch in the larger beam and delete the tenon of the small one. Perhaps there would be a better method? For single use you can do it this way.

• Hi Jason

If by a #4 process you mean the Notch command then you can do it but it is, like Planer's solution, a bit long winded.

Set the beam creating the notch to 5mm inside the back face of the beam you want the notch in. Create the notch in the usual way, picking an edge on the end of the beam creating the notch.

After the process is created, just edit it and increase its depth to equal the width of the beam. The square hole will then pass all the way through the beam.

Hope this helps

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Thanks for the reply guys,

Both ways would work as a manual function. My problem is that I have many notches to make and I wish I did not have to edit every process to make the notch all the way through the beam.

If the notch does not go all the way through the beam I can transfer the process to the small beam as a #4 notch. Now I can activate all my larger beams and select "3,1,9 reprocess". This way all the notches are finished in one mouse click. I only with that I could do this so the notch goes all the way through the beam.

Thanks again,

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Jason

Are you doing these for processing on a machine. If not why don't you just do them as booleans?

Just a thought.....

Rob

• Hi Rob,

Yes, all these notches are going to the machine.

When you say booleans do you mean 2,7,1 intersecting volumes?

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Jason

Yes, that was what I had in mind. However if you use the notch command and position the beam you use to create the notch just 1mm away from the bottom face of the beam which is receiving the notch then I am sure the machine is not going to leave a 1mm sliver.

OK it wont show up in OpenGL, but at least it would get the job done.

I tried using the notch command and increasing the depth in the command by 1mm, but it doesn't work.

Looks like we have another one for the wish list. Have a great weekend.

Rob

• Hi Jason,

did you try and create a SmartTag using the "Notch" function. You could make it variable depending on the dimensions of the male beam.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Jens

Smart Tag is not a good idea. The max depth of notch must be smaller then thickness of material.
    What do you think about transfering process (base on yours tutorial "Advanced CAD with Dietrich's ..." p.7 - it is possible to transfer notch (4006,3)), I can not repeat it :frowning_face: .
    My idea is to create a notch 3-8-4, modify it (the depth) and transfer throught a "ghost beam".

Regard
    Lenio

• Yes, to avoid a notch that is deeper than the beam width, you would have to create a "double notch" that penetrates from both sides of the beam to the center of the beam.

Jens Krause

• Can that be done?
    I haven't tried it.

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!