Windlass research and construction

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Some time ago, I was inspired to create a windlass and gin pole to use in timber framing.
    I have done so recently.
    There are some photos of the research and the completed project in the gallery, and should be approved by the moderator shortly.

The windlass will need some minor improvement to make it function properly. We hope to complete these improvements this weekend.

It was fun to create this and using D-CAM made it much easier to do.

One of the photos has a caption and I was wondering of the Dietrich's community could help me translate it in English?

Here is the text from the photo:

Tekening 94:

De kaapstander:

Nasst het lastige, per omgang tweemaal, overstappen had de kaapstander nog het nadeel van het zich om de spil verplaatsen van het daarom geslagen part van de loper. Om de loper naar zijn beginstand te kunnen terugschuiven moest de trek op de loper, als deze zijn uiterste stand had bereikt, worden overgenomen door het aan de kaapstander bevestigde seistouw dat dan met een stoppersteek aan de loper weerd geboden (seizen = binden, het seizen bij de kaapstander werd ook verschieten of vervaren genoemd. Het seistouw moest dunner zijn dan de loper). Bij rondloping met zon en rechtsgangige winding om de spil zal de loper omhoogklimmen. Bij het seizen zal hij gemakkelijk naar de beginstand kunnen vallen.
    Zou men linksgangig windern dan zal hij naar beneden bewegen. Daarna zou het meer moeite kosten hem naar de hoge beginstand te brenge.

Could you let me know what language this is also?

Thanks in advance....

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Jim,

yes, that's Dutch, from the Netherlands. I found an online dictionary Dutch-German, but in this text are too many special technical words, so I'm not able to translate it. Could you show us the picture or the drawing of that mysterious piece of tool, then perhaps I could try a raw "translation".

If for example you have no idea what a "kaapstander" is, you can put this word into http://www.google.nl and use "Afbeeldingen" (=pictures). There you see various "kaapstanders"

• Der_planer:
    The kaapstander is, I believe, Dutch for capstan. That is another name used for this wooden tool. One encyclopedia said when the drum/axle is vertical it is a capstan, when the drum/axle is horizontal it is a windlass.....
    Same machine, same process to winch in line/rope/wire but two different names.
    The text I entered is a exact copy of the picture which is now available in the gallery under "free-construction"......

Thanks for your help.....

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!