Special timber elements.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Now I am quite familiar working with normal timbers like SPF say 47x225 in walls as top- and bottomplates, posts, joists, rafters etc. And I now how to put OSB plates on the the wall or at the ceiling.

Now I want to do something more special (for my own house I want the best...).

The Inthermo plates would be easy enough - just use plates and instead of OSB plate dimensions use inthermo dimensions and a texture/color that fits. And maybe the same princip for massive wood elements.

But I guess it is possible to do it in a better and more professional way. I think that in the material database I can define my own I-joists, and maybe also inthermo plates and massive wood elements, called for instance I-joist 300, Inthermo 40 and massive 65. - So when I am in wall design and want to put in posts the I just call I-joist 300, and the same with the Inthermo and massive wood elements.

The advantage of this could be that in material lists, I would get specified amounts of I-josts 300, Intermo 40's, and massive 65's.

And also it might be possible to define fether and notes in the inthermo plates (aahh nut + feder in german), and the cutouts in the massive wood elements for the connectors. The connectors I think I can just put in as OSB plates in the wall design.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Hi Thorvald

You will find all the I beams you need already defined in the material database, and it is very easy to add boards or panels of any size and thickness and you can assign what ever name you wish.

These can then be added to your walls in wall design.

HTH

Rob

• Ok - I look forward to take a look in the material database - it is a part of the program that I have not yet studied, very much - but it is a interesting part. Maybe I would like to define my own I-beams, because I would probably not have them delivered from Agepan - or maybe I would if the prizes are ok. Thinking of it I would have Inthermo delivered from Inthermo in Germany, because we don't have such product in Denmark, so why not also Agepan I-beams. FinnForest have I-beams - I should compare prizes from Finnforest and Agepan.

• Hi Thorvald

All main I beem manufacturers have their I beams already defined in the masterial database - Agepan, Finn Forrest, TJI, etc

Cheers

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Ok - now I am ready for my next post ;) - and I am sorry Rob Cullen but I read about your two cuts in one end of beam.... :)

Well - I went to material database and I wanted to define a Inthermo board with N + F (nut and feder).

And that was quite easy - but two things didn't work exactly as I thought it would:

I defined a profile - why my board is rectangular in wall design?

I defined the thickness, length and width of board - why I have to define those again when I define new panel in wall design?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Thorvald

Ok - now I am ready for my next post ;) - and I am sorry Rob Cullen but I read about your two cuts in one end of beam.... :)

hmm... is that true? I promise, I really told NOBODY about this, did I?

Well, you can use your Inthermo-profile as a "beam" in Dicam. I think the algorithm of wall design is not made for these experiments ;)

• He - he, experiments - that's right - I like to play with the software to see what can I do and what not.

But wait a minute - I will do another experiment.... ;)

• No it seems like I cannot use the profile settings in wall design - even though I define it under beams. But all right - I just have to be satisfied with using panels.

But it is not so funny... :lol: I like the idea of being able to create a 100% realistisc model of the house constructions, but it seems to be only 99% possible... ;)

• There one thing I don't like so much - the texture for the I-beams is so that all the I-beam looks like OSB but the flanges should be timber (SPF) or Kerto (Finnforest use Kerto) - is it not possible to do so? It doesn't look so nice to me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A long time ago we discussed the same issue in the german forum. It is not possible to do what you want, except you split the T-beams into 3 parts, but working with them is no more fun and will cost triple time.

By definition all volumes can have a texture set with different:
    - upside
    - downside
    - left and right sides
    - begin and end sides
    If you cut a beam, there is an definition angle that will define which texture will be used on each surface.

The T-beams will never fit into this definition.

• Ok - thanks for the explanation. Of course I was thinking of the same way to solve it - by using 3 items - but of course this will not work very well in timber lists. But could be OK - if I decide to produce the I-beams on my building side, and not buy them.

In the picture below, you can see the results of tonights experiments. Of course the connectors between massive wood elements are cheeting, because they are inside the massive wood. But they are there! Another thing is that I am not sure if I used the correct texture for the massive wood - it doesn't look completely correct.

• Interesting - when I did that with my inthermo, but it didn't work - it was wrong orientated and way to big. But maybe because I used posts - maybe it is possible as girts, but they are only horizontal

Another thing is that I wanted to use that kind of facade boards and I used WBOAK, but they did not get that profile. So maybe I should userdefine my prefered facadeboards.

• Can it be another problem - that I prefer to work in mm but the material database works in m, and then that causes a conflict? I will see.

I have an idea for a solution to this - it might not be possible now, but it could be done in an update:

In the material database you define each of the 3 parts with different textures, that the I-beam (or box beams for that matter, 4 parts) - and then there should be a possibility to tell the material database that these 3 items should be put together and act as one beam.

• But it should not be very difficult to program I think (well of course I don't know). It is only to tell the program that this and this and this material / profile, belongs together so they would act as one beam.... It would be very nice, and would increase the level of the Dietrichs program.

• The problem with splitting one object up into three entities in order to show the correct textures is more of the cosmetical kind.
    I can understand that with the renderings you can do in our program the not quite life like appearance of the I joists is a slight draw back.

But for organizational and manufacturing purposes (lists, CNC files, drawings etc.) we need the objects to be one object and not 2 or 3.
    A change here would make a better picture, but create more problems on the side we concentrate on and that is to create the relevant documents to build a house.

We are working hard on making things perfect and visualization is an area that increased dramatically in the last couple of years. But our main focus is still to make design and manufacturing work efficiently.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With kind Regards,

Markus Brunn

• Yes I full understand your arguments. But with my idea the beam would act as one beam and not 3 items.

But I think for my own house, maybe I will make the I-beams manually in Dietrich and then if I make the timberlists - if I will buy the I-beams at Finnforest products, then I can list only the one flange of the I-beam, in order to see how many I-beams I need. Or if I want to produce the I-beams with my own bare hands, then I can make a normal timberlist.

The other thing that is discussing in this message is also very interesting:

Is it in any way possible to model the Inthermo N+F and the massive wood elements, with the correct cross section profile??

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!