My first questions to D-CAD after 16 years of AutoCAD

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Okay after 16 years of AutoCAD I am making the switch to D-CAD, I know this is going to take some de-programing, so please bear with me until I get some formal training, as I figure this program out. I really want to learn and become productive quickly.
    First question: When drawing a simple line, is there a setting or switch that will allow you to only draw in a horizontal or vertical direction? In AutoCAD it's called ortho, and you can simply toggle it on and off with the F8 key.
    Second: Is there anyway to pan around the drawing vs zooming in and out all the time?

Thank you!

Rochelle Hill

Burlington, WA. USA. 360.941.7976 - rhill225@msn.com

Dietrich's User since 2006

36 years of design experience:

Specializing In Modular, Off-Site, Pre-fab, Design for Manufacturing, BIM, Digital Twin, CAD/CAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi rhill225,

you will not find the ortho function of AutoCAD but you can use the arrow keys of your keybord to give the direction. A dialogbox will open where you can enter the length of your line.

If you want to pan just press down the left mouse button, keep it pressed and move the mouse.

Viele Grüße,
    Joachim Neumann (Dietrich's Technology GmbH)
    Software für den Holzbau, Abbund, Holzrahmenbau, Blockbau, Ingenieurholzbau und für die Fertighausindustrie

• J.N.

Thanks for the tips it was a big help. I also discovered that after selecting the starting point for a line, you can enter 1,2,3 or 4 and it will bring up an "input coordinants" dialog box that will allow you to directly input the end point all sorts of different ways, including just X or Y coordinants. Take that AutoCAD! I will try harder to figure out my own problems before I take up everybodys time asking question. :oops:

Watch me go now! :twisted:

Rick

Rochelle Hill

Burlington, WA. USA. 360.941.7976 - rhill225@msn.com

Dietrich's User since 2006

36 years of design experience:

Specializing In Modular, Off-Site, Pre-fab, Design for Manufacturing, BIM, Digital Twin, CAD/CAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's the wrong way. ;)
    Don't waste your time with searching for things. Just ask us and we will help you.

Another way to enter lines is the grid. With function 7-1 you can enter the distance in X- and Y-direction. Each window can have its own grid. When you enter a line or something else just press the button 'g' to swtich the grid on or off.

The last possibility is the middle button of your mouse (or shift + mouse right) to get a lot of assistant.

• J.N.

Attached please find is a copy of the floor plan that I produced over the weekend. I must say that I am very happy that I could get this far with just a little bit of help from you. It's far from complete or perfect, but I think I touch on most of the tools and commands while doing it, a good training exercise. I took notes for myself, and I am keeping a wish list for things that I think would be nice to have, or save time and mouse clicks. I was not able to import any of the blocks in the trial version, so I just made my own for now. I cant wait to get my hands on the 3D wall premium, and see how that goes. Thanks again for your help! :grinning_squinting_face:

Rick

• I also like the D-Cad - where the drawings functions are the same as in the Dietrichs 3D drawing program. Some of the drawing functions are really nice and better than AutoCad! :grinning_squinting_face:

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!