How to show a terrain that is slanting?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• On a model of a house I would like to show the ground. That could I easy do with a ceiling with grass texture.

But in this case the ground has a slope. So how to do that? The model of the house is only a model - no timbers inside walls etc.

Maybe I could use roof calculation? But then the "roof" would cut the bottom of my walls in the basement...

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• But - I cannot see the houses in DiCam - they are only shell models without timbers inside.

.... Oooooh yes I can see the house also in D-Cam, I just have to check slice panels and wall volumes on in "Display Style". ;)

Ok - so far so good. How did you make your grass "boards"? As ceiling calculation or?

• Ok - I think I found out now - I can make the areas as ceiling areas and afterwards I can rotate it in D-Cam. Or I can define areas in D-cam as well as "constant sections" and rotate them.

• But the advantage of using ceiling is, that the ground is cut correctly around the house. If having many different slopes - yes it is a great disadvantage, that the slopes are set to 0 if the building is recalculated.

• You can make the entire grass area and then do a hard soft cutting to remove the house footprint from the grass areas....

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• That is also one way to do it - with many horizontal "plates". I was thinking about that also - maybe later I will do it in that way, if I am asked to make detailed 3D models.

One thing I could ask about: How in Dietrisch to make a model with more than one house? Normally there is only one house in each position.

• Hi Thorvald,

you can construct several houses in one position. The only problem is that (at the moment) we cannot distinguish between different roofs. So all roofs are going to be called "roof 1".

In the near future, we are going to have a new function "building libraries". With this function, you will be able to copy complete buildings (or parts of a building) into a library and insert it into a different position.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Zitat von Jim Rogers

You can make the entire grass area and then do a hard soft cutting to remove the house footprint from the grass areas....

It doesn't work and the grass don't look like grass - what is going wrong??

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Thorvald,

the grass area cannot be devided into several parts, because there are some edges that prevent the division. So shorten the grass area about 10 cm, then do the hard-soft-cutting, and then lengthen again. Delete the separated inside part.

It doesn't look like grass: mouse middle click, volume info, change the texture to grass.
    For further buildings, change the preferences in building data, they are really "grey".

If you prefer better looking grass you can take it from my homepage and replace it in your gif-folder :)

• I made a copy of your sloping grass and moved yours out. I then created two blocks the size of your building outline and did a hard-soft cutting of the building through the grass. Then I deleted the two blocks, and it worked this way.
    If you look at the object texture set in 2-0-8 you'll see I have it set for grass.
    I hope this helps you.

• Ok - thanks for your answers - I will see later if I can make it work. I have finished the house for presentation (using ceiling areas for the grass etc.). I am going to make more versions of it so here I could delete just the slanting part and try again in D-cam.

Thank you Der_planner, I will possibly try to use your texture.

:)

• Meanwhile I have another question: I wanted to show a road - and it is there, but it doesn't show up in OpenGL. How could that be?

• Zitat von Der_Planner

the grass area cannot be devided into several parts, because there are some edges that prevent the division. So shorten the grass area about 10 cm, then do the hard-soft-cutting, and then lengthen again. Delete the separated inside part.

Ah, yea, yea - stupid me. I tried and tried, without succes, until I remember you say: delete the unwanted part... :roll:

Zitat von Der_planner

It doesn't look like grass: mouse middle click, volume info, change the texture to grass.
    For further buildings, change the preferences in building data, they are really "grey".

Ok, I found out now.

• Der_Planer: Exactly!! ;)

Jim Rogers: Is there a texture called road? Well I will see. What about a bitumen texture?

Ahaaa - NOTEX = no texture.... I thought it was just a name.... :roll:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!