Special cuts in rafters.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• How to make these cuts in the rafters - if possible??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Hi Thorvald,

There is always more then one way to create a process but here is how I would make these cuts.

The birds mouth cuts can easily be done in D-CAM 3-7-1 Birds Mouth. Leave the first selection to "Choice" and use the edge of the I-beam to create the birds mouth.

The vertical and horizontal cuts on the end of the rafter can also be done in D-CAM using the cut functions 3-5-2 and 3-5-3.

I always prefer to work in the other modules as much as possible. In roof design you can make the same horizontal and vertical cuts with the digit code 6-3-1 Cut Off. To create the vertical cut use the options under "In Plan View". The horizontal cut can be done with the options under "In Side View 1st Beam". Sometimes it takes practice to understand all the different options in these functions but once you get the hang of it you can really start to take advantage of the power that the program has to offer.

Kind regards,

• Hi Der_Planer,

I just noticed you had allready replied by the time I submitted my post. Sorry about that.

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Jason

I was intrigued by the jpg you attached of the cut command dialog box.

It has a small green printer icon at the top. Does this feature appear on all your dialog boxes? What version are you using? Does this print the dialog box directly?

It's funny because this was a feature I mentioned to Markus as being very useful about five years ago.

I was using Allplan from Nemetschek at the time and this is a feature they had and I used it a great deal.

However, I am using the latest beta 6.02 and it is not on my dialog boxes at all.

I'd be pleased to be enlightened.

Cheers

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• Hi Rob,

The green printer icon is only found in special North American stealth beta version 999.99. (o)

Just kidding. :grinning_squinting_face: The program is called Hard Copy. You can find it here http://www.info.hardcopy.de/ It is a simple yet useful program for printing screen shots. There are a few ways to set it up. It appears in all windows and you can print the whole screen or just the window.

Enjoy,

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Cheers Jason

I will download and install right now!!!

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• This hardcopy program seems useful!

About my cuttings - Der_planner and perhaps also Jason: Your solutions cuts directly to fit exactly to fit the I-beam, I don't want that - but lets see in 15 minutes, if I get it. :)

• I found out making the horizontal and vertical cuts with the distances - I did it in roof design, with defining cutting lines with point to point in side views, defining these points with reference points. It would be easier to make these cuts, if it was possible to draw assisting geometry in side view in roof design.

But help me in more detail with the birth mouth, it doesn't work for me. Step by step, what to do?

• Aaaaaaahhhhh, the edge - not the sides of the bottom flange! :grinning_squinting_face:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Thorvald

....I did it in roof design, with defining cutting lines with point to point in side views, defining these points with reference points. It would be easier to make these cuts, if it was possible to draw assisting geometry in side view in roof design....

You need no assisting geometry for cuttings with distance. Just choose existing lines or points, and input the cut distance into the menu.
    Thats all.

That should be possible in every cutting menu

• Oooohhh yyeeesss, that distance - of course - I was blind because I always use to cut to 0 of the distance, Ha! I learn a few things today, and the program have also surprised me today. I found out that when making drawings of walls and ceilings, I can have the program to make drawings for all walls in the house at once, in stead of opening each wall, make drawing, open next wall.... I didn't know that.... :oops:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!