Dormers - another question.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Is it possible to save a dormer complete with timbers in roof and walls. So that when you put the same dormer, at another house, the timbers are put automatically.

??

Maybe this goes only if you copy a dormer??

I have a single dormer, and I am going to make a double dormer, that is two single dormers put side by side. So will I be able to put (or copy) two single dormes, and after that adjust the overhangs where the two dormers meet??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Maybe in stead of working with dormers, it would be easier to work with walls and roof. At least as long as I am not so familiar with dormers and untill the dormer module gets better in the program.

I also find that if I put a dormer it smashes the roof plates, and some rafters, like if there is a big bug in the program. Or maybe it is because I have a special ridge plate, consisting of 4 ridge plates put together as a turned T.

• Ok I am getting a little more familiar with dormers, but are they not supposed to cut a hole in the roof? Should I place them lower?

• You're right - as always... :lol: But why are they not in exact same height, and why are they not completely equal size?

First I will check the architect drawings to see if it is coming from there. aha - no, there seems to be a small difference. I have to make a reference line, that I can be happy with.

• Well now another question: By mistake, I made the roof calculation according to GF and it should have been according to TF, because there are a few walls at TF. So now my dormer walls are in GF, and I would like them to be in TF1. Is there an easy way of that?

Another way could be to copy the GF1 storey to TF2 storey, and delete all walls except dormer walls. Then the dormer walls belongs consistently to a TF storey.

It doesn't really matter so much, but for wall numbering and numbers on drawings it would be nice, so it is more consistent.

• No - I cannot tell you what happens, ;) because I have already changed the (empty) walls to TF2, by copy the story, etc. But the method you mentioned, I will keep in mind.

• It would really be nice if I could save complete a whole element like this, being able to put this element at once at another house, with exact same dormer!! So with this I am back to my first question. When will this be available?

--- Hm, I reached my maximum of upload space, but here is the picture.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Specialy your dormer will not be able to save as 'dormer with construction' because you have some very special details in your dormer.
    In your case it would be a possibility to enter the dormer as little normal roof. You enter your construction and save the roof in the building library of program modul 'ground floor'. This function is optional!

• Whaat? I did not understand so much of your answer... :lol:

Well, first things first: My dormer element, consists of a part of the main roof, dormer walls and dormer roof.

So you say that these 3 part types cannot be saved in "dormer with construction"?

What is "dormer with construction"? A dormer macro like wall macro? Is it available? In what version of software / special module?

But it would also be enough if dormer walls with construction and dormer roof with construction could be saved together as a "dormer macro". Is that possible?

This I don't get: In your case it would be a possibility to enter the dormer as little normal roof. You enter your construction and save the roof in the building library of program modul 'ground floor'. This function is optional!

So there exists a optional module that makes it possible to save a roof construction and reload it to identical roofs? What do you mean with normal roof - not the roof in dormer?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What you can do now:
    Export selected parts with Dicam 1-1-6
    Import them into a new building with 1-1-7
    After doing so, all these parts will belong to free construction MOS.

You cannot export wall bodies and roof faces, but you can export all beams and and parts.

"Dormer with construction" as macro we had in former (DOS) times, and it shall come again, at least I heared so.

"Normal roof": Instead of working with dormers, you can (optionally) create new ground floors with their own walls and roofs. Theu will automatically cut with the main roof.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most of the things are explained by the Planer but I will explain my text above a little bit more.

We will get a dormer macro which will save the dormer inclusively the construction (it is not there at the moment but we are working on that). But you cannot enter a free cunstruction and save it in the macro. The dormer will get its own construction which will be entered with special functions. The reason of this is that we will get a variable dormer. This means: If you change the dimensions of the dormer or some values of the main roof the dormer can be recalculated and the construction will be ok agein. This is just realisable with parameterized functions. With a free construction this is not possible.

Your dormer has a kind of construction which will not be possible with the functions of the dormer construction. So you can use the library of DICAM as the Planer told above or you can use the building library in program modul 'ground floor'. To use the building library you must enter the dormer as normal roof and enter your free construction. Then you can save it in the library and place it in each other position.

• Well - thank you for your answers. I think "Dormer macro" might work for me - when it is available. Because I can just save the construction in the dormer, and make the main roof manually.

But the Dicam library option seems in fact very interesting and easy. I will try it later when I hav a new building to put dormers on. And then save the dormers from the building I am working on now.

But how the program knows where to position the dormer - when you import, will you have the option to say "put it in this place"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you use 1-1-6 and 1-1-7, the beams will keep their x-y-z position as they were saved.

Another thing is the (optional) building library, which is not made in dicam, but in wall program. You can save whole buildings and read them from the library. While reading them, you can define a height difference and turn around z-axis. In wall program you are also able to turn, push, copy or mirror a whole building or you select only single floors, roof or free construction.

• Aaah Ok, then it can be difficult to use for other houses, since the houses are not equal. On the other hand - if I put in these elements and those "normal" roof elements without dormers that will be the same - before I begin to put in roof construction - then I can move the items to correct position in D-cam. That would still be faster than to build up the elements from ground zero.

This building library seems interesting too. Can I save what construction items I want in this library, and then put them where I want in new houses?

I am going to upgrade my software, so if this module is not too expensive I should get this too - if not part of the highest level (premium version) of the software. Where are you Markus, it's long time ago I write to you about about upgrading... ;) :lol: :lol:

• I am trying the D-cam "save section" function, and the selected items are saved in new positions. But when I open such a position it is empty - why?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!