Problems in version 6.02.

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

I thought that we could share our experiences with version 6.02, and gather information about problems in this version. Because to me it seems more unstable than 5.04.

1) C:\Dietrichs06\Windat\DHPdat.ini dissapears once in a while, so the program cannot be started. The file can be copied from the files on the CD. But when you start the program some settings are resetted - like paths.

2) Some times D-Cad will not start and makes it necessary to shut down the program from task manager, because the program freezes and don't answer.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot agree with you. I remember version 6.02 as one of the most stable versions we ever had. I never had those strange problems with 6.02.

Freundlich grüßt
    Der_Planer

• You may need to un-install and then do a "clean" install.
    What I mean is disconnect from Internet, shut off your anti virus software, then re-install.
    Sometimes anti virus software can cause problems.

Also, a disk check or defrag could help.

Good luck and let us know what happens....

PS. be sure to turn your anti virus back on before you re-connect to the Internet....

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Hi Thorvald,

1. the problem with dhpdat.ini is known, but we have not found the reason for this, yet. It seems to have something to do with changing the language. If you could see a regularity in it, that would help.
    We found that dhpdat.ini is not deleted, but only renamed. Just look for a "dhpdat.new" and re-name it. Then you will not loose your path settings.

2. The problem that you report about D-CAD is not known. Does the error occur directly when you start D-CAD or is it when you have already opened a dialogue box (like "open drawing")

P.S.: Apart from these problems here, which do not seem to be general problems that affects many customer, we at the hotline can also confirm first hand that 6.02 is the "most stable version ever".

Best regards,

Jens Krause

Jens Krause

• Jim Rogers: Thank's for your suggestions. But: The Dietrichs 6.02 installation was a very clean installation on a very new laptop, where there have never before been Dietrichs. And also no antivirus software. And also no internet connection.

Jens Krause: Thank's for your answers too.
    1) OK - will see if it happens again. I have not remarked if it happens at specific occasions.

2) The error occurs like this: I am finished to take out drawings in Dietrichs, and now I want to start D-Cad to make the production drawings. Then the error occurs, while trying to open D-Cad.

• Hi Thorvald,

about the problem in D-CAD:

Does the mouse pointer disappear when the program freezes? Can you exit the dialogue box with "Esc" then? Or does the mouse pointer stop and cannot be moved?

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• I still have the problem with D-Cad, and it is quite irritating.

The mouse pointer does not freeze - the computer is "thinking" If I press the mouse button the Dietrichs screen fades into white - so that the lines etc. looks like looking through glass. I don't know how to explain, the screen does not become completely white, but it fades a little. And esc does not help either.

• Zitat von Jens Krause

1. the problem with dhpdat.ini is known, but we have not found the reason for this, yet. It seems to have something to do with changing the language. If you could see a regularity in it, that would help.
    We found that dhpdat.ini is not deleted, but only renamed. Just look for a "dhpdat.new" and re-name it. Then you will not loose your path settings.

Did you not found a permanent solution for this yet?? I don't see any regularity in it.

What about the D-Cad problem?? - that still irritates me.

• Hi Thorvald,

1. No solution was found yet because we do not have any idea where to search. We just did not get any useful hints where and when this error occurs.

2. To be able to solve this problem, we need more information from you: Does the error occur regularly in a certain project. If yes: Can you send us the project? If no: Could you describe the exact sequence in which you make mouse clicks and call up functions before the error occurs?

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Zitat von Jens Krause

Maybe this problem occurs when the program have been opened a specific number of times?? I will try to count next time it happens.

• 2. To be able to solve this problem, we need more information from you: Does the error occur regularly in a certain project. If yes: Can you send us the project? If no: Could you describe the exact sequence in which you make mouse clicks and call up functions before the error occurs?

Maybe problem 2 doesn't occur on Windows XP, but only on Vista?? On my desktop computer (with XP), it seems like I can open DCad anytime I want.

• Hi Thorvald,

I use Vista, too. But I do not have crashes in D-CAD. Please describe more exact in which situations the error occurs.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Ok - I just tried to regenerate the problem and that was very easy. I just open a position, go to different modules, wall, ceiling and D-Cam and OpenGL, take a picture. And then I try to start PlanCad - but Dietrichs freeze and doesn't answer. And I have to shut it down with ctrl-alt-del. So if I try to open D-Cad after working just a little in Dietrichs - then I can't.

• Hi Thorvald,

maybe we can reproduce the problem like this:

Please do all the steps that you just did before opening PlanCAD (create drawings from Dicam etc), then DO NOT open PlanCAD but pack the project and send it to me before opening PlanCAD.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Maybe - maybe not, but we will try. Because if I open PlanCad as soon as I have opened a position, there are no problems. Is it enough to send only the position? Because the packed project is 32 MB.

• No, the position is not enough. But 32MB will be very hard to send. You say that you have this problem regularly. Don't you have a smaller project in which the problem also occurs?

Jens Krause

• That was what I was thinking. I made a very small project, and made several tests, with this project and with 2 other big projects. And I think that now I found the place where it occurs. I can't say for sure that it doesn't occur in other situations, but it seems not.

With the uploaded project I made following steps: Open position, go to D-Cam, select all and open OpenGL, exit OpenGl (and then if I want to open D-Cad, I cannot).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!