Copy material database from one computer to another?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi. I think I have thins question somewhere, but I am not sure. But how to copy material database from one computer to another? Is it the HRB library?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

The file is: dhpstamm.mdb

During installing the program, you are asked, where to install this database. Normally it is installed in C:\Dhpdba\
    (For network users it's important to work with a central database.)
    You also find this file in the normal program path: \DHP...\Dba\Eng\dhpstamm.mdb, but normally it is not used. Look at the timestamp, which is the newest file.

• I guess, that I will get the problem, that the material database from the one computer, will overwrite the material database on the computer it is copied to...?

• Yes exactly - I have new elements in both places, so I probably need to use 4-0 data exchange.

• Hmm. I don't understand how. When I start 4-0, it looks like it starts up installation of Outlook 2000. And when I choose the database C:\Dhpdba\ on the laptop, it says that I am currently working on that database and I can't do anything. I want to transfer some new items on the laptop to my desktop computer.

• Hi Thorvald,

what you want to do is to transfer the database with the current contents to another computer. You do not want to interchange the contents of one database with the contents of another database. So you do not need to use 4-0 in the project data program. All you need to do is to copy the file "dhpstamm.mdb" from one computer to the other.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Thorvald

Yes exactly - I have new elements in both places, so I probably need to use 4-0 data exchange.

:question_mark::question_mark: :roll:

• Zitat

Perhaps you should first close your Dicam project?
    Or restart the program, and open database only?

I just opened project data on my laptop and there I didn't understand why outlook is coming up, and what dhpstamm.mdb I should choose?? Should it be the one at the other computer??

• OK sorry, Thorvald. Please forget about my last answer. You are right. You need to select the data base on the other computer as your "external data base" in order to interchange data. If you cannot access it via network, please copy the file to the other computer.

Jens Krause

• Hi Thorvald,

the answers to your questions are quite complex. I have already answered them in a german "Hotline Tip" in the Forum. Instead of answering you individually, I would prefer to translate this hotline tip to have it available for all english speaking clients. If you give me one or two days, I will post it in the english "Special Hotline Tips".

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Ok - but it seemed that for now I did not need "list settings". Now I have copied items back and forth, so I now should have the same material database on the 2 computers. Nice! :)
    Thanks for help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will have no problem, if you have really new entries in the database. It could be, that you changed some materials with the same item number. Then you have to decide this conflict (the program will ask you, which version shall overwrite the other).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!