Surface Area

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi Kayaker,

Bring the view of the shape into D-CAD 2D and use the command 6-01. You can get the surface of any shape.

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Jason,

Doing the area calculation in PlanCad will indeed help me calculate the weight of extruded shapes. ;)

Thanks,

Kayaker

• Kayaker,

If you draw all your steel as the object "Beams" and do not unite them you can also output the weight, volume, surface area, etc to project data and come up with these calculation very quickly.

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Kayaker,

in Version 7, the weight of beams can also easily be calculated by using "Middle mouse button" - object info - Determine values.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Thanks Jens,

This is only for beams and not molds? knowing the weight of the beams is often helpful when it is time to bring in the crane. I see I will have to do a little conversion from Kg to Lbs.

Thanks!

Kayaker

• Jason,

From what your telling me and probably more than once, it is better for me to draw my steel using beams rather than molds. And making sure I take out the number like 111/rafters and replace it with the name of the steel part. I also then have flexibility editing the shape in wall design if it is designated as a beam.

Kayaker

• Kayaker,

The advantage of using the object type "Beams" for the steel connectors is you can output all your steel shapes for the whole project very quickly. If you design K-shapes, W-Shapes, or beam hangers with three different planes and do not unite them but instead name them with the correct "Designation Type" it makes it very easy to output the weight, volume, surface area, etc. In the attached zipped file you can see all the settings I have used to accomplish this.

Bringing the view of a plate into 2-D and determining the surface area and multiplying the thickness also works but can be a little slow for a large project. It also gets more complicated when you have a beam hanger with three different planes and then having to save each view.

As Jens said the middle mouse "Determine Values" is much easier. This way would be best for quickly determining the exact weight and volume of single pieces. As this is a fairly new function the values are only available in metric at this time.

When you output steel shapes designed as beams and not unite them, the weight and volume will sometimes be slightly higher as the program sees each piece as a rectangle to its longest point and will not take into account the small pieces that may have been cut away as seen in the attached picture. In most cases this can be an advantage and make for a more accurate quote as the fabricator will also be charging to the longest length of each piece.

• Hi Jason,

Regarding your attachment 348 jpeg. Can provide a screen shot of your initial starting point for drawing the k-shape? What tools are you using for the shape input?

Thanks!

Kayaker

• Jason!

My motor is revved! I'm ready to go, it looks like you used assisting geometry lines as a guide for laying out the steel. :grinning_squinting_face:

Kayaker

• Hi Jason,

I see you have steel plate in the Item# I take it you typed it in as well as typing in K-shape for beam type. I receive a warning valid object types:beam, profiled beam,panel, auxiliary? Where are you pulling this item # called steel plate from? Did you receive this warning?

Thanks!

Kayaker

• Hi Der_Planer,

I like Jason's approach using the beam by 2 points to enter steel plates. It has become obvious that I need to enter this material into the material database. I created a new Main group G&G Steel,Sub group-Metal shapes,Object-Steel plate-K shape. Now when I use the beam by 2 points I can select the Item as steel plate.I have to type in K-shape into beam type because my K-shape is not in the material data tree. I'm I doing this correctly?

Kayaker

• Hi Kayaker,

You are definitely on the right start!

Zitat

I created a new Main group G&G Steel,Sub group-Metal shapes,Object-Steel plate-K shape. Now when I use the beam by 2 points I can select the Item as steel plate.I have to type in K-shape into beam type because my K-shape is not in the material data tree.

Do not enter in the "Object-Steel plate-K shape" in the material database. Enter the K-Shape, W-Shape, etc. only in the "Beam Type" in Wall Design or "Designation" in D-CAM.

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Jason,

It's all coming together, I'm getting the results and report I need showing the weight of the steel. Placing the steel in wall design and using the beam tool makes it allot faster and enjoyable! Thanks for jumping in on this topic and offering your expertise same to you Der-Planer!

Kayaker :grinning_squinting_face:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!