Info/Tutorial/Help for the 3D DXF Export module

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hello,

I need some info on how to effectively use the "3D DXF Export" module, especially in conjunction with AutoCAD (Architectural Desktop 2 and later versions).

The biggest problem seems the be setting to correct scale/units in AutoCAD, while opening OR importing/inserted a 3D DXF file from DICAM. Even seasoned architects seem to have trouble inserting the DICAM documents in the right scale.

Does it matter if a DICAM 3D DXF is inserted into AutoCAD with the OPEN command, or inserted with the INSERT/BLOCK command?

What else does the AutoCAD user need to know about a DICAM 3D DXF document?

What option do I need to set when saving a 3D DXF document from DICAM, i.e.
    type: 3D lines, 3D faces, 3D mesh;
    exporting assisting geometry: all, visible, none?

What effects do they have inside AutoCAD?

A more general question about this module: Does it make sense to only send "3D DXF", instead of regular 2D DXF Plans to Architects, Panel company, etc. for further processing?

Michael Nowack

• For the last two days I have been trying to open or place DICAM 3D DXF files into AutoCAD, only to have the 3D model disappear on me as soon as I ZOOM or PAN my view or create a new layout. It worked at the beginning of the week without a problem. Very frustrating!

I finally figured it out! I just had installed a new DICAM update (v120405) to fix some problems in version 180205 (missing lines in Plan-CAD drawings). I export the timber frame with version 120405 and it displayed correctly in any view ROTATED, ZOOMED, PAN or in new LAYOUTS.

Conclusion: 3D DXF Exports from DICAM v120405 do not work correctly.

I made a file comparison between the old and new DICAM 3D DXF export . For example between lines 99236 to 99238 the values in the new DICAM are totally out of wack.

DICAM v180205
    ===========
    line 99236: 3.676600
    line 99237: 20
    line 99238: 10.191750

DICAM v120405
    =============
    line 99236: -99999995.313400
    line 99236: 20
    line 99236: 3921160151.201750

If these values represent Meters, perhaps my 3D Model is zoomed 99,999,995.31m ninety-nine-thousand Kilometres into space -- far out of AutoCADs reach.

nine

Besides the previously requested Help and Tutorials on 3D DXF, I now need a new DICAM update ;-).

Michael Nowack

• Hello,

I was able to resolve the issue of the disappearing "3D DXF" model (DICAM V120405) inside AutoCAD with Tony at DNA (Thank you Tony). We opened a new AutoCAD document, using the "Aec arc (imperial).dwt" template and copy-pasted the 3D DXF drawing from the "problem document" into this new template. Now the drawing stopped disappearing into outer-space.

Alternately, I narrowed-in on the original problem. Comparing the exported documents ( version V180205 and V120405) in a text editor I had a hunch that the problem was somewhere in DICAMs "object-related-point(s)". This time I erased them all in DICAM, before I exported again with "3D DXF".

I opened this newly created 3D DXF document in AutoCAD and it now behaved properly. I could manipulate the drawing/model without loosing it in outer-space, and without pasting it into a AutoCAD template. Also, opening the exported 3D DXF in a text editor, all the "billion values" settled-down to 2-3 numbers before the decimal point.

Summarizing, DICAM's (V120405) 3D DXF export module creates billion values (10 numbers before the decimal point), when the DICAM model contains "object-related-point(s)". Exactly which object-related-points, I haven't figured out.

Michael Nowack

• Hello Michael,

could you e-mail this project to the Dietrich´s helpdesk (hotline). Maybe we can figure out where the problem is originated.

Best regards,

Jens Krause

Jens Krause

• Hi

I was reading this topic and i have also one questionabout dxf files. I don't know is it related with Dietrichs or Auto CAD, but I can't use my 3d dxf files made in AC. I have 3d house model, looking like it should be, but when I try to activate whole building ( in Dietrichs) There are only first log of every wall as object. Others are just lines i can't use.
    Maybe it is problem of my cad program, or maybe is it normal?

Holger

• Hi Planer

No, it doesn't help
    I exploded it and got over 19 000 3d faces Before it was 3d mesh ( 250 times)
    Also I made a block from whole bilding-- :roll: totally useless

Problaly my cad program doesn't support this kind of action

BUt thanks anyway

Holger

• Hi Holger,

with the first explode, you got from a 3d mesh to 3d faces. If you explode these faces again, they should turn into 3d lines and these lines can be imported into Dietrichs as "lines".

Jens Krause

• Hi Jens

Actually I allready made this-- nothing happens, i cant explode faces.
    And Dietrichs wont read faces.
    But my point was to import objects instead lines

Holger

• Hi Holger,

Dietrichs can import objects from a "mesh". The prerequisite is that the contour of the mesh is completely closed! If you want me to check your dxf file, you can send it to me.

Jens Krause

• It seems I am always importing DXFs from structural analysis softwares as well as Dietrich's into AutoCAD, and the scale is never right. I have found, after you insert the object into autocad to any scale, that you can then use the "SCALE" command and get things just right.

Process is:
    -insert the object(s)
    -invoke the SCALE command
    -select all of the objects you want to scale
    -specify a base point (choose a point on the corner of an object. I typically do a bottom of a post)
    -rather than enter a scale factor, hit R for reference
    -select two points that you know the true distance between. two points across the depth of a timber, or the distance from one post to the next, etc.
    -enter the new length. This is the length you want that dimension you just measured to be. if you select two points on the face of a timber, than the depth of the timber, or, distance between two posts, or whatever.

This process will always scale everything to as many decimal places as I've seen listed, so it is quite accurate (rather than manually typing in some contrived scale factor). It does require you to know the distance between two points, however.

Joe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!