Beiträge von jmiller

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Thanks for the prompt reply. When I zoom in/out, the perspective stays as a "parallel" projection though? Before, when I adjusted the distance manually, and zoomed out, the perspective would become projected, in that parallel lines would end up crossing off in the distance. Thanks for the reminder on being able to save the views (9-7); that is definitely useful.

In the past, I've added a "perspective" drawing to a drawing set. In D-CAM, I would go to 1-7-2 (settings) and adjust the "distance" to a closer distance, which would result in a nice perspective. I'd generate a drawing of it, and then switch back to the original distance to create all of the drawings.

It appears in vs 21 (I just updated), there isn't this option any more? Or am I just missing it?

Curious if there has been any update on this?

We are investigating whether to acquire a license to RFEM, and, maybe I didn't understand the conversation entirely, but, it sounded like the claim on their part was discussions with Dietrichs were / are happening?

Much obliged,

Is there a method to export STP files from D-CAM (for importing into engineering software such as R-FEM, etc)?

I currently can get some planar info from 1-03-01 and 3d info from 1-05-5, but, that has serious limitations for anything other than centerlines.

When extruding in DCAM (2-5) and using the "Measure" option, dots/points are highlighted at the end and middle of each arc (portion of a curve), which really helps following curves when you don't need to be too specific.

Is there a way to "see" these points, especially mid-point on the curve, at other times? (Without going to other modules and using the 02-2-3 to create an actual point).

First off, I must admit I seldom use D-CAD; almost all of our 2d get exported to AutoCAD. However, I am trying to use D-CAD more...

I have a client who prefers specific dimensioning arrangements, so using the autodimensions do not work, and I need to start from scratch.

I am trying to dimension a single beam drawing, and, using a horizontal dimension, to dimension the overall length of the member. However, the dimension string automatically inputs dimensions for all of the intermediate intersections/points along that line, not just the over-all dimension. So, I need to then go delete these intermediate dimensions. Is there a way to stop this, and, just dimension the point you selected? I couldn't find an associated setting in the dimension properties.

See attached for an example. (For this client, the dimension string should be on the "reference" corner of the beam, so dimensioning below the particular face has a different / inappropriate connotation).

Thanks!

I've regularly used the File/Engineering/Transfer Plane Frame option (1/03/01 in vs 13, 1/03/3 in older versions) to export aligned centerlines to my FEA software. In Vs 13, when I try to use this, D-CAM crashes every time, regardless of whether the project is a VS 12 or older one or a new VS 13 one.

Anyone else having this issue, or, just a bad install on my part?

Line weight was set to 0.007 inches. Switched to 0, and, still the same.

Note this only occurs when I 'print direct'.

If I do it as a drawing block to D-CAD or DXF, the lines come through fine.

I export to DXFs quite a bit, and, have found that exporting "dimensions" can be problematic. When I export a DXF into AutoCAD, for example, it will follow the base units of the entire drawing file. This is normally through 1-06-1 or similar in D-CAM or "roof areas" and things like that in the roof module. I then will "match properties" to a normal feet-in dim style in AutoCAD that I have already set up, and, the units normally convert / follow along.

My recollection is DXFs do not include "units" as part of the data saved in the file, just locations/coordinates of each element. I looked briefly at a few DXF files I have, and, could not find an entry that was associated with scale. (DXFs are text files, so you can view / edit them manually...)

-Joe

There was an ad for a position in a recent "International Log Builders Association" publication.

Draftsman with Dietrich’s CAD experience.
    Must have full working knowledge of the
    dietrich’s program, and hands on experience
    in wood engineering and/or massive log and
    timber joinery. Wages - 21.00 to 24.00 per hour
    - please e-mail applications to: Nicola logWorks,
    attention: John Boys. john@logworks.ca

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just started to using version 10, to be honest... I'm an engineer. I don't handle change very well.

-Joe

When saving the current view in D-CAM, I've long had the beam cross-section applied to the timber. In 9.04 and above, I've been able to round this to a fraction of "0", such that it would round to the nearest inch. That is, if I had an 7.5" x 7.5" timber, it would print out 8x8 on the drawing. I cannot seem to do this in 10.02, although it worked just fine in 9.04. The option for "0" no longer appears in the units. See the attached screen captures.

Any ideas? This throws a giant wrench in how I used D-CAM for generating shop drawings for a few clients, so, any help is greatly appreciated...