Beiträge von Thorvald

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

Ok - but what would be the better version:

A) To install the program, from the copy of the CD.

Or

B) To just copy the program or part of the program to any location, I'd like to and set paths.

I don't know, but I guess with A, I might be more sure, that all parts of the program works, incl. material database (that didn't work before in some years). Only "disadvantage" is that it would be a clean installation, without for example all the custom made materials in material database. But since I have these as a copy elsewhere, I guess I could just copy these into the new installation or set paths to these things.

Variant B is perhaps simpler at first, but are there any disadvantages, that in total would make it more complex?

Hi.

Long time, no see... :) But in general, I am just working... :) The background for this thread is that because of some (other) problems, I had to have my computer completely reset. So now my computer is "blank" as new computer. So now I am going to reinstall all my programs etc. - including Dietrich's. In princip I could do it the same way I did in this thread: Transfer Dietrichs to new computer. - Hardware - Dietrich's Unser Forums

But as we also saw in that thread, there might perhaps be some issues with that - or maybe it would be ok. Based on my backup of all my data, on my external harddrive, I also have a backup of the "DIETRICHS07_03" as it would/could appear on the C-drive and I think - but I am not sure, that is why I am asking - that I actually ran Dietrich's from a position outside the C-drive. Probably so it was easier to make a backup of the program. Or another possibiliy is that the backup is from the C-drive. I know that I had these folders "DHPDBA" and "Dietrichs_project" outside the C-drive, exactly to make it easier to take backup of it - but I am not sure about the program it-self.

So my actual first question is: Is it possible, that I ran Dietrich's from a location outside of the C-drive? Would it be possible to do so?

In my backup, I also have a copy of the CD, because I have a folder "Content of 7_03 CD", "License files" and "Patches".

To re-install Dietrich's on my "blank" computer - how to do that the best way, based on above information?

I also figured out a way to make the irregular (non-triangular) shaped roof - the black roof to the left of the red. I let the rectangular standard roof plane stay and made sure it had the correct angle and heights. Then I made dormer walls that followed the building outline. Then I could use the lines of these dormer walls to create that grafic roof surface, based on 6 points. Ok, the software said that the points was not in the same plane, but I assumed it must be very close, so I made an approximation. And from what I can measure, the lines that are supposed to be straight / horizontal are so, with an accuracy of 0,00 mm or something like that. So I am happy with the result. :)

Ok, I get it now with this function. And I understand, how I can make my roof with this function. I also understand why it is best to create triangled roof surfaces. So if I'd want to use this function to create the black roof surface to the left of the red one, then I need to be sure I get the correct heights in each point. So maybe for that it is easier just to make a normal rectangular roof surface to work with.

But thank you very much for the help. Of course sometimes you get stuck because to do what you need, you need to use a function you are not used to use or you don't know that function exists. Because in a drawing program like this, there will for most people be a lot of functions they rarely or never use / never need to use. :)

Roof design, result.jpgRoof design, wanted.jpgI think I am creative - but sometimes the customer or architect is a bit too creative, hahaha.

I am trying to make this roof and of course I don't want to give up - and I am sure it is possible to make this roof calculation in Dietrich's. But I have not yet hit the right idea as to how. My result is relatively close, but there is one thing I cannot figure out how to make the red surface to give an angled cut to the wall. Now it is just horizontal. I have tried a lot of different approaches, but I don't get it right. :)

Does any of you have an idea how it should be done?

Just wondering, if there do exist a trick or possibility, to save a V21 model / position to a V7 version, so it can be opened and worked with in V7?

Just wondering, because I assume that the software is somewhat back compatible (should be). But maybe just to some extend. Just don't see much reason for it to be only to some extend - but maybe there is a technical issue that limits how long back it can be made compatible.

Yes, I am still on V7 and yes, I can still not afford to upgrade. :lol: :lol:

Hi Vlad.

Sorry for the late answer. I very seldom log in to this forum. :) And I don't think I get e-mail notifications even though, it is set to that. I'll have to look a bit into that.

But anyways - what kind of coorporation, do you have in mind?

Hahahaha. Yeah - that would be great. But that requires that I earn quite some money, before I get to that point. And I am not quite there yet.... ;) If I am not totally mistaken, it would cost something like 10.000 € - am I about right?

But yes, it is very high on my wish list, because I love the Dietrichs software. :+:

By the way - my webpage is active now: Corewood

Well, "normal" filenames is usually not a problem and I use that all the time. On the old computer it also worked fine. But I have tried to change it. After setting the paths again, the program itself, works fine, but if I try to double click on BauDaten.exe, in the win.exe folder on the C-drive I still get the message "DHPDAT.ini nicht gefunden". The same happens if I try to set the path directly to the DHPDAT folder that lies directly under the C-drive. The same also happens if I try to copy the files from "my own" DHPDAT folder, into the folder directly under the C-drive. What am I missing? It worked fine on the old computer that was also windows 10.

When I try to open Project Data program, directly from the Dietrichs menu, I get the attached message. I tried what is written there, from the copy I have of the CD. I also find the fpSpru70.ocx in the win.exe folder but I don't know what about the fpFlp30.ocx.

Based on Florians files - at least it works now and I can open 3D positions and draw in 2D program. Yes, yes!! Thank you Florian!! :grinning_squinting_face::+:

Now I just need to figure out 1 thing: Why for example wall properties is empty. Where are they normally located?? I think I have set paths correct. But I should double check it.