Transferring Dietrichs to new computer?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi.

One of my collegues in Lithuania needs new computer and needs to know how to install/transfer Dietrichs from old computer to new computer. I will need that soon also. I have a slight idea how I would do it - main problem for me is that I don't have installation CD for the version I have now (I got it via a internet download). Don't remember if I made a CD/DVD...

Well anyway - is it correct that if you copy the folders I have shown below to the Dietrichs installation on the new computer - then all settings, wall properties etc., material database, custom textures etc. are "safe"??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, you are right.

It would be enoupgh if you copy the whole Dietrichs directory. The construction program will work without problems. Just for the database you will need the setup. If you or your collegue has the CD you just need to start the setup in directory HOLZLIST.

Viele Grüße,
    Joachim Neumann (Dietrich's Technology GmbH)
    Software für den Holzbau, Abbund, Holzrahmenbau, Blockbau, Ingenieurholzbau und für die Fertighausindustrie

• What do you mean - could one just copy the whole C:\DIETRICHS07_03 directory/folder from one computer to another? What about hardlock keys - how to get that into the program - or is it included if one copies all C:\DIETRICHS07_03 folder? What do you mean about database and holzlist - why would I need setup for that? Is the database not contained in the dhpdba folder??

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can copy the whole directory DIETRICH07 from one coputer to the other. This contains all data. If you have some data at another place (database or settings) you have to copy this directories too.

Then you need to install the hardlock driver and the database driver.
    For the database driver you need the content of the directory HOLZLIST of the CD. Start the setup.exe in this directory.
    For the hardlock driver you need the HLDRV32.EXE in the directory HLINST.

• Aha ok - so that would be the easiest way to transfer Dietrichs program with all settings from one computer to another??

• Hi again.

Will this work also with computers that has different Windows versions - like from Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 bit? (I have Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Ok that's great. :) Oh I made a writing mistake: It is going to be from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7, 64 bit. But as you said it doesn't matter. I also just found that I had saved a copy of the contents of the 7.03 CD on my harddisk - so it will be very easy for me to transfer Dietrichs to the new computer. Nice! :)

• Ok so far so good. But after this method the programs does not appear as icons on the desktop and in the startmenu. So how to start the programs (Dietrichs and database programs)?? What icons should have a shortcut on the desktop?

• Ok great. The paths where surprisingly correct - but it can be they are included in the way I have saved / transferred the program to the new computer. So now I have got the Dietrichs program icon on the desktop (but not in start menu - don't know how to do that, but that is perhaps also not important). The database program can I run from the Dietrichs main window - but how to get it in start menu or on the desktop as shortcut, I can't figure out.

• Ok - so now my collegaue here in Lithuania will soon need to transfer her Dietrichs to new computer.

But she is running 7_02 - for some reason she didn't upgrade to 7_03. But I think she should upgrade to 7_03, because then she can use a copy of my material database - what she can't now.

But then I don't know, if it is easiest if she make the upgrade first on the old computer and then copy the program as I did, or if it is easier to make a clean new 7.03 installation on the new computer and just copy these "folders to share".... ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make a new installation of version 7.03 on the new computer.
    Then Copy the directory WINVOR\ENG (or the language you are using) from the old computer to the new.
    If you use other personal files for example for drawings or other libraries you must copy these files too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!