Shoulder connection posts to two beams - problem!?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hello!

When I put posts in my walls I use shoulder as connection to top- and bottom plates etc. But over windows and doors I have to beams - and here the shoulder is done in only the one beam but not at the other one. First I had only cut off the posts when they meet the two beams, but that is not what we want to do. At picture 3 you can see at the nearest beam what we want - but at the other beam this is not done.

I have tried almost everything - lap joint, end lap joints etc., but nothing seems to give the wanted result. Of course I would like an easy and fast way to do it, because I have many that I am going to change. And of course I would like also a method that works automatically when I put in posts.

Eiij, I cannot upload the pictures!!?? Do you understand what I meam without the pictures??

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• I will try to upload againg, because I think not that I have already used my quota.

Eiij what to do about that: "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 512 KB"

• Offizieller Beitrag

I gave you some more webspace to load up files.
    To delete old files you click on the 'profil' button below a post of you. There you will find the attachement center.

• If I delete pictures in the upload center - will they still be visible in the old messages?

Well here they come - the pictures.

• Ok - it seems to be a tuff question this one, since there are no answers yet. I found a possible solution - but it does not work automatically when I put in posts. I make the one beam 1 mm longer in each end. Then it works when I put "group shoulders" manually and select the one beam where the shoulders are not done.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it is not necessary, to change the length of the posts. Do the settings for the automatic shoulders with 5-2-2 then set "1" and "2" and the depth, maybe 0,02m. While putting the posts, be sure to have the correct connecting settings, then all shoulders are made automatically, except those in the double beams. You can add these with 6-4-3, only be sure to have the same settings as you made for the automatism! Then select all posts that shall be connected to all beams (you can do it by using groups).

• First of all it was the double beams I made different lenght.

Secondly it doesn't work what you suggested - maybe because when I select the receiving beams I don't select both even I use "collect" and make a window around the beams. I did what you said (I already tried that before) and here is the result (see picture).

• OK - I have to do the shoulders 2 times, and second time I can choose the line of the beam that goes through the posts.

• So I guess it is not possible to select both double beams at one time?

And next time when I put in timbers in a wall from scratch, and put in posts - then it will automatically make the shoulders only in one of the beams, and then afterwards I should add shoulders to the other beam manually.

• Zitat von Der_planner

@Dietrich's: Would it be possible to create both shoulders at once? And if not, would it at least be possible to manually connect a group of posts to a group of beams when they are one behind another as shown in the example?

Yes exactly - very interesting questions - to that I would like to hear an answer from Markus or other Dietrichs people! ;) I have also put that in the "wish list" another place in the forum.

• Hmmm... I think there is a problem - I did all these double beam shoulders yesterday, but today when I open the project they seem to be gone. I will return if this comes back.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you're right, there is something going very strange with the wall construction. As I re-opened my test-project today, some posts were double or even quadruple at the same place. I deleted them and also tried to delete all shoulders, but some of them could not be deleted!. I looked into the single beam control menu, and the connections were gone. What I saw in wall construction, were only boolean operations, that are not made on the machine 8O

The only way to get it on the machine correctly: connect the posts with only 1 beam. Then explode the connection in single beam control menu. After this you can connect the posts to the next beam.

• Hmmm... now I see that it is random if the program remembers the double shoulders or not - many of the was ok. But now I am checking the walls once again - and at least in one case the shoulders on the one beam were gone.

Maybe I should do what you say - to avoid the problems coming back when I send the project for production.

• How should I explode it? Should I stand on the last shoulder and explode, or should I mark all shoulders and explode or should I explode shoulders one by one?

Dietrichs: This is really something that need a solution - if there are not other ways that works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also posted this problem in the german beta forum.
    The logic of the program is to connect 1 post to 1 beam and automatically recognize, when one of them is moved; then the connection will also move. What we are trying here is too difficult for this logic, because it should work with 3 beams, but that is not (yet) programmed.

• So they should program it, he, he... :grinning_squinting_face: The next question could be: Would it be possible to receive same result with another type of connection? I tried end lap joint, but I am not sure if it works.

You see at this picture how beatiful it is... ;)

• The strange thing is that it worked in some walls and stayed ok, and in other walls it did not work and stayed not ok. So now I have done the explode thing in the walls where it was not ok.

A simple solution how to select both double beams would be to make it possible to select items in the section view at the right side of the wall!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!