Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• This is probably in the wrong section but what section is good for vrml viewer questions?
    Here is my question:
    What vrml viewer do you now recommend I tell my customers to download in order to view their frames I've drawn and created a wrl file using the program.
    I have cosmos player but it didn't seem to want to load a large frame and I thought I got some info a while back about another recommended player, but I can't seem to find it.
    (please feel free to move this post to the correct section).
    Jim Rogers

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Hello Jim Rogers,

try the pivoron vrml player.
    The Navigation in the 3-D-Model ist similar to the openGL-tool in Dicam.

I can sent it (for winXP) to your e-mail, if you want.

Gregor Redlbeck

Gruß

RedGre

• Hi Jim,
    Hi Gregor,

I mostly use cortona viewer now. Sylicon graphics doesn't seem to develop Cosmo any more, and Cortona from Parallelgrphics became sort of a standard.

You'll find Cortona at Paralllelgraphics

Regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With kind Regards,

Markus Brunn

• @ RedGre
    I didn't find pivoron on the web. Could you please send me yours?
    Do they still program pivoron. The company who did it is not there any more.
    It was Nexternet.com, but they are gone now.

mfg,
    Holznagel

• Markus:
    I've downloaded Cortona viewer and it won't load my vrmls. Is there any size restriction to the size of files it will load and view.
    I can get a small file say 475kb to load but any thing over 2000kb just won't load, at least it won't load for me.
    Or am I not waiting long enough?
    Jim Rogers

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Version 23.01.4, 22.02.2, 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

• Zitat von Jim Rogers

Markus:
    I've downloaded Cortona viewer and it won't load my vrmls. Is there any size restriction to the size of files it will load and view.
    I can get a small file say 475kb to load but any thing over 2000kb just won't load, at least it won't load for me.
    Or am I not waiting long enough?
    Jim Rogers

Jim,

Is it possible that Corona actually loaded the vrml, but pushed your model into a corner, outside the viewing area of the browser?

Cortona (I suspect it's DICAM) never places the model in the center of the viewing area on startup -- it's always in a corner or off screen.

Michael Nowack

• Off course VRML is a 3D application like any other one. The limitations in size are defined by hardware rather than software.
    Bigger files can take longer to load. Also there is a setting in Cortona that loads the entire model, with textures and all, before it shows it on screen. Moving around in the model is rather fast after that. Other settings allow to show the model in stages until you can actually move it around. Loading time is the same, it only appears faster if something is happening on screen.

2MB doesn't seem too big to me, even if it may take a couple of minutes to load. Michael is right, as VRML starts to look on D-CAM's YoZ Plane in negative X dirextion. If your model doesn't begin at origin, but is some distance away from that, it might end up in a corner of the screen, and even behind your view point.
    Also eye's height is by default set to 0.0, so it looks like you are crawling on the floor.

At the moment VRML is at a stage where you can get a model out quickly. Off course there are many features we can add in future to make it more convenient and versatile. At the moment though we have to concentrate on the design part.

Regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With kind Regards,

Markus Brunn

• To All:
    Well we have worked threw the problem, my customer and myself, with the help of Wil Dancy of DNA.
    It seems that the viewer program doesn't like any file name that has an apostrophe in it, such as mine did. Once this file was renamed without the apostrophe it could be opened by Wil.
    Advice to all, name your files correctly, no symbols or spaces.
    We, my customer and I, reloaded cosmos viewer from the sample disk in the tools section, selected to associate to all other file types and then selected the vrml file using "open with". Once the "open with" box was selected we chose IE and checked the box to open all such files with this program.
    We can now open and view my vrml files.
    Thanks again Wil.
    Jim Rogers

Jim Rogers
    Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

• I have recently found a very nice stand alone program to display VRML and other 3D formats.

It is called GLView, and allows to create custom view points and to optimize VRML files in size.

You can find it on the web at http://www.snafu.de/~hg.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With kind Regards,

Markus Brunn

• Hello,

I have downloaded both the GLView and the Parallel Graphics that runs with internet explorer. I can get both to run on their demos, but get error messages when I try to view my exported Dietrich's files. Am I doing something wrong? How can i view them? I tryed finding them in a corner, but was unable to. Also, is there a way to set where exported files are saved..ie the 3d dxf and the virtual reality files?

Thanks
    Robin

• Hi Robin,
    You will find the stored VRML file in C/DHP.../ GIF folder.
    Right click on the wrl file and choose Internet Explorer to open the file.
    All the textures that the VRML needs are located in the GIF folder.
    3D DXF are stored in the Project folder

Wil

Wil Dancey Dietrich's NA

• Hi Robin,

if you want the VRML to be shown with textures, you will need to send at least the textures in the GIF folder that you have used in the building.

Regards from Munich,

Jens

Jens Krause

• I created a vrml file some time in the New Year of 2006 and noticed that you dont have to add the textures any more.

That is a nice feature! :grinning_squinting_face:

Thanks,

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Zitat von Wil Dancey

Hi Robin,
    You will find the stored VRML file in C/DHP.../ GIF folder.
    Right click on the wrl file and choose Internet Explorer to open the file.
    All the textures that the VRML needs are located in the GIF folder.
    3D DXF are stored in the Project folder

Wil

Hi all,

I am trying to find VRML files that I created,
    The only "DHP..." folder I have under C is DHPDBA, and it has no GIF folder in it. Where can I find this GIF folder?

thanks

i like building pianos

• Thanks Jason,

I have found it. I also found in the web a seemingly quite good 3-D viewer (free!!) that has a great user interface and even allows you to take measurements and create sections, supports different file types,etc

It is at:

http://www.myriadviewer.com

and it is a stand alone aplication, so good for clients with no internet connection or a very slow one.

Cheers,

i like building pianos

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!