Update a position with drawings?

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Is this possible: I make the constructions of a house. Then I send the position to my assistant, so she can make the 2D production drawings for this position. When she is finished, and she send back the position to me, can I update my old position with her drawings?

Can I do that if I have made changes in the constructions (and of course keep these changes)?

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Hi Thorvald,

the link between our 3D Software and PlanCAD is a one way street. It is not possible to automatically transfer the changes you made in PlanCAD to the building position.
    It would only be possible to update the drawings in PlanCAD with the changes you made in the 3D Software.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• But, if I send the position to somebody else, who make changes (like making drawings). Then she send the position back to me. Then when I put the position into Dietrichs, can I then overwrite my existing position - and then I can access her drawings, correct them, print them etc...? Lets say in this case I have not been into the position in Dietrichs 3D construction in the meanwhile.

• It depends on what you want to keep and what you do not want to keep:

-If you want to copy her drawings without overwriting your 3D-Positions, just copy the *.plf files to your project directory

-If you want to replace a 3D Position, that she has been working on, she should pack the position, you copy only the packed position (*.zgb) and unpack it in your project directory

-If you want to replace the whole project, she should pack the project, you copy the packed project (*.zd) and unpack it in your project directory

Jens Krause

• To just copy the plf files would maybe be best - but not possible, since she will be sitting in Lithuania and I in Denmark, most of the time...

She will not be working on the 3D (i.e. making changes in structures). Her only job is to make drawings. So if she go into the 3D model, then it will only be to take pictures or to take out wall drawings and stuff like that.

So probably I could replace the position on my computer, if she send it to me, since the drawings that she have made then will be there?

• No, the packed position contains only a position (3D-model), not the drawings. The drawings are only contained in a packed project. But there is an option to pack all plans of a project when you use "3-2 manage results" in the Dietrich's menu. Maybe this is the easiest option. You can find the packed file with the ending *.zl1 in the project directory.

Regards,

Jens

Jens Krause

• Yeeahhh :grinning_squinting_face: But I would like to have explained how she is going to send me the plans, so I can put them in my position. I even don't know how to do it, and she is totally new in Dietrichs (one day old...) ;)

• So t.ex. she should find this file for position 22: 07152022.plf, and send to me? Why she should compress it?

And where is "Dietrich's Menu (3-2)"??

It is not possible that we both can work on the same position (making drawings for the same position) - I guess this will not be posible.

Another option could be that she is working on a copy of the position, and then she can just send that position to me directly from the start window of Dietrichs. And then we could split the drawings between us, if we need to finish that position faster.

• Offizieller Beitrag

plf files are rather big, and can be compressed to about 10%. It's your decision, if you want to do it, but I like small email attachments more than big ones.

Dietrich's menu: see screenshot

It's possible to make drawings at the same time, if you use different plan numbers. She begins with plan 001, and you begin with 101.

I already did so, and it worked well :)

• So - for example - if she makes drawing (plan number) 1 - 50, and I make number 101 - 148, then if she send me the drawings 1 - 50, then I in my library of drawings will have both her and my drawings??

The menu 3-2 seems to be on project level - while the plf files can be taken on position level? The plf files seems only to be 200-300 kB.

• I tried to send the plf files to me, but when I want to save it in the project directory, it says that the file already exist - Why - since I have not maked any drawings for that position?? And can I just overwrite it without any problems??

• Does anyone know if it will be ok to say "ok" to overwrite an exisiting plf-file??

• Now I tried to save the plf-file, that I attached to an e-mail on her computer. And I saved it in the project folder under the specifik project. But the drawings are not there, when I open D-Cad.

Is this method not working?

And if I / she use the menu 3-2, I guess that it is all drawings for the whole project that is packed.

I would like to have it so, that she only send me drawings for the position that she worked on.

Here is absolutely something for the wish list. It seems to be too difficult to work with exchanging drawings. In AutoCad, a drawing is a file, that you easily can attach to an e-mail. I would suggest, that when you are where you open positions, and you have the posibility to pack and e-mail a position: In this roll down menu where you can choose "e-mail attachment" there could be these options:
    - e-mail attachment 3D position
    - e-mail attachment position drawings

In this way it would be very nice and easy to exchange drawings!! :)

• Jens Krause: I tried now the function 3-2 and packed D-Cad storages. But I cannot find *.zl1 files but *.zla I can find. Is that the file I should send to my computer. Or maybe it was not "D-Cad storages" I should pack, but the secon option "drawings"?????

• Now I tried also second option "drawings", but even zipped the file is 45 mb, and her computer freezed when trying to send with e-mail.

:x

Now I really don't know what to do!! Of course she can just make PDF-file of the drawings and send to me, but that is not what I want. I want to be able to open the drawings on my computer, if I need to make changes, etc.

Anyone can see a solution???

• Offizieller Beitrag

45 MB!? 8O

Why are the plans so big? Are they full of high resolution screenshots?
    OK, Dietrich's always puts all drawings into one zl1-file (if you got a zla-file, there are no drawings in it, but only the storage you made from the model).

I think it's better to compress the plf-files manually with your zip-software. Then you can define, how many files you gather, depending on zip file size.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!