copyed wall in D-CAM doesn't show

Diese Seiten wurden speziell für die Benutzer unserer Software installiert, um sich untereinander und mit uns, Informationen, Neuigkeiten, Bilder und Dateien auszutauschen. Egal ob Dietrich's Abbundprogramm oder DC-Statik, hier sind alle Holzbau Profis richtig. Natürlich auch die ohne Holzbausoftware ;)

Wenn Sie selbst aktiv werden wollen, melden Sie sich unverbindlich mit einem Benutzernamen und einem Passwort an. Klicken Sie hierzu auf der linken Seite den Punkt "Benutzerkonto erstellen" an.

Wir wünschen unseren Besuchern einen informativen und angenehmen Aufenthalt bei Dietrich's FIX

Ihr Team Dietrich's Online - Holzbau ist unser Programm

• Hi all,

for some reason I am copying a wall in D-CAM and the wall is not showing anywhere in the ground plan module.

According to the MOS info function the wall I am copying is BA wall 20 layer 20, and the resulting copy is BA wall 20 layer 20 as well.

When I go back to ground plan at the BA level I don't see the copied wall anywhere, even though my display style is set to show absolutely everything in the model. It does not show on any other modules either except for D-CAM.

what am i doing wrong? i have tried everything (i think) as per past posts to no avail. please, help

cheers,

i like building pianos

• Hi Jorge

You really need to draw a new wall in Ground Plan because simply copying it in DiCAM won't create a 'wall' as such but just a volume that is the same size and the wall you copied. Does that make sense??

HTH

Rob

Butch: " I think we lost 'em, d'you think we lost 'em?"
    Sundance: "No."
    Butch: "Neither do I."

• bummer!!

hi Rob, thanx for the prompt answer. What you say makes total sense. But, why is this volume not showing anywhere else but in D-CAM?

cheers,

i like building pianos

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should see this volume in all areas of the program. This is a normal volume which belongs to the wall 20 of the floor BA. If you want to see it in ground floor you have to switch on the 'Storey Section'.

Viele Grüße,
    Joachim Neumann (Dietrich's Technology GmbH)
    Software für den Holzbau, Abbund, Holzrahmenbau, Blockbau, Ingenieurholzbau und für die Fertighausindustrie

• Hi Joachim,

as I said, I only see this element in D-CAM, so I must be doing something wrong, just cannot figure out what it is...

I am not familiar with the "storey section" in the ground floor module. how do I access it?

cheers,

i like building pianos

• Offizieller Beitrag

To switch on or off objects you use the function 1-7-1 in all moduls. In modul Ground Plan you will find a checkbox on the left side of the dialogbox with the name 'Storey Section'. Just switch it on and you will see the volume of your copied wall.
    BUT: This is not a wall in the sense of the program. If you copy a wall in D-CAM the copy will become a normal volume with the dimensions and the outline of the walll.

• I tried "storey section", but the volume refuses to show anywhere but D-CAM and it also shows in the wall module. It was out of screen range before so I could not see it until I panned around. However I can't see it in ground plan, which is where I would really like to see it

I think I will have to approach the whole thing in a different fashion...

cheers,

i like building pianos

• Did you copy a whole wall in D-Cam - I mean with wall volume, timber etc. turned on and then copied these items to another place in the house??

Maybe in ground plan in "display style" 1-7-1, you did not mark to view D-cam objects??

Another fast way to make a new wall that is identical to another is to create a wall in groundplan, with the same dimensions, length, height etc. and then in wall design find the wall that you want to copy. Now you use "wall macro" 1-5-1 to copy the items in this wall (make a new "wall macro). And then you find the new wall that is untill now just empty. Here you again access "wall macro" 1-5-1, and insert the copied items from that you just made.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Goog morning Thorvald,

thak you for your reply. I'll try my best today to do what you say. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

i like building pianos

• Hi Jorge,

When you turn on the "Story Section" in ground plan you will see the slice from where you have set the height of the 1-7-4 "Section Height" in wall design. Be sure this is set at the correct height to slice through the objects you wish to view in ground plan.

Jason Kilmartin
    Dietrich's N.A

• Hi Thorvald and Jason,

I finally got to it...

Thorvald, your explanation is very useful, however what I was trying to accomplish is to copy the actual wall volumes...

Jason, 1-7-4 in wall design is a good tool to know about. It helped me with some elements, but I think I finally figured out what was happening. As it was mentioned previously, if you copy a wall volume, ceiling volume, etc in D-CAM it will show in ground plan if you "slice" it with the section height, but it will remain invisible in D-CAM unless you are in OpenGL. You can select it, erase it, move it, etc, just cannot see it

Cheers,

i like building pianos

• Ok, that could be something for the wish-list: The possibility to copy walls in ground plan - with door and window openings.

Another way to do what you wanted in ground plan, could be to make a copy of the story, delete the other walls in that story, move the wall. In MOS (?) change what story the wall belongs to, and then, if necessary, in ground plan change the heights of the wall.

Sincerely Yours. M. Sc. E. Thorvald, Denmark
    (Dietrichs version 7.03).

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is possible, but not so useful. The copied walls belong to an other floor MOS, and will not be shown in the floor plan. And they can not connect with walls from the original floor. Automatism will be lost.
    Even if you change the MOS of the wall beams, the wall solid will not do what you want.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!